Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

SlaughterDM Released

The long-awaited deathmatch WAD SlaughterDM has been released! Featuring 9 brand-new levels utilizing the GothicDM texture set, this WAD was worked on by not only contemporary greats like Nick "NiGHTMARE" Baker, Mattrim "Hello99" Dixon, David "Dagger" Gevert, Derek "Afterglow" Mac Donald, and Qingshuo "piXel Rex" Wang, but past greats Anthony "Adelusion" Czerwonka and Iikka "Fingers" Keranen! It looks nice and plays nicer, so run on over there and download this puppy right now!

Guest Levendis

It's no contest. Slaughter DM blows Gothic II out of the water as far as my tastes are concerned.
I wish we could get this kind of attention for single-player levels...

when i downloaded it, i expected another set of nine, overly detailed, crappily playing maps.. i was wrong. slaughter dm tops the 'gothic' genre of level design easily. gothicdm, gothic2, gothic98, gothic99? all pale in comparison to this set. why? gameplay was in mind on this one. about 7 out of these 9 maps are very well-playing, but they still have a high level of detail.

congratulations to the slaughter dm team for creating one of the best dm wads of all time.

Guest mystican

well done lads, this is some wicked wad you have here. mmm nice. now make some sp levels!!!!!"£$%^&*()

jk :)

Guest Xenocide

I can't seem to goto any page except for the MAIN sldm page. All the others are down or something??? I want to download it! sounds so cool!

Guest Anonymous User

Cool, I'll have to check this out since I was (briefly) a graphics artist for this project way back. Can't wait to d/l it, cheers.

Guest pix

quite a 2 weeks...first Gothic99 then SlaughterDM. I'll still have to say making my Gothic99 maps were a better experience. (architecture owns detail...anyday)

Guest Mad Cow Disease

Gothic99? Besides how it looks, it has no qualities whatsoever. Silence, child.

Guest Daggah

Keep in mind that pix is talking about how fun it was MAKING it, not how fun/good the end result is. That said, you really can't argue with what he said. :)

Yes, Razorback, time to update DoomDM - especially with the reivew of SacrificeDM6 you lazy bitch! ;) Anyway, I had fun with SlaughterDm even thought it took one and a half years to make the damn thing. I want to now make a call to all former members of SlaughterDM to contact me at derekmd@frad.org... I have something I need to ask you. :)

Guest pagb666

Hope that slughterDM will play better than gotic99...

Guest Anonymous User

My friend Captain Napalm will soon open his Doom Page and he will post his future levels. After like 3 years of Doom level building (as well as a little Duke3d, Blood, Quake, Halflife) he feels that he is finally at a point where he can release his levels! He builds good looking levels that are fun to play. Sadly he sort of sucks at DM levels. Sorry Cap!

Guest Anonymous User

Slaughter sorta sucks...I mean they look great and all but I for one have had my fill of Gothic Deathmatches...Silo was cool though! More Sci-Fi stuff!

Guest Xenocide

Well, sldm (architecually) looks really good. But I'm so sick of castle styled levels, and those gothic textures are I am very tired of seeing. I get a general feeling of black and gray with those textures. But I am glad I downloaded sldm because the last map definetly rocks. I know this took lots of people lots of time to make.. but gothic has had it's time, more people should do what Mike Tawney did with rage.

Guest HavoC

My 90mhz still got annhilated with the grossly detailed levels in the pack. Strip away all the textures and all the mindless little linedefs and only a few of the levels, as you shall see, had gameplay come first, before the detail. As someone said before start doing SP levels, that way net lag wont kill everyone down to 1 frame a minute for god sakes.

IMO, the netplay out there for doom atm just isn't worth it unless you have a T1. I'd say the min specs would be a p133 w/ 32mb+ and a T1 connection. Otherwise the lag and speed of zdoom is unbearable. And thanks for claiming that we didn't think gameplay first.. sure! You know all! Claiming maps are 'grossly' detailed is just plain rude. I wish people would look at the good things for once and stop complaining about little fucking details. It really pisses me off the amount of flaming and useless whining which gets this community nowhere. If you don't like the levels, DELETE THEM FROM YOUR HARD DRIVE! K? Simple enough.

Guest Xenocide

Afterglow, this is just our comments on the wad.. thus the name of this section. But I agree, there is quite a bit of whining, ..the wad isn't bad at all though, I don't think I can do better. It's just that the Doom Community I think has been numbed by the detail in wads lately, and this one doesn't stand out really.

Guest Cadaver

I have to say that I was quite impressed with this WAD...there's alot of detail, but it's not overly done like the latest Gothic release. I tried to run it under PrBoom and I got 344 errors on it dealing with a missing "texture patch"...hmmmmm. It ran fine under ZDoom but on one of the levels I found I could jump over the barriers to the edge of the level and the sky and water textures merge, just an observation. Play was nice and I really enjoyed it and the lighting effects were very nice. Good work on this one!

Guest Anonymous User

Sorry what I said about being sick of Gothic Deathmatches and all but sorta seems people do way to much Medievil (is that right?) stuff. I would just like to see more other stuff like Sci-Fi Themes in wads like Jägermörder! :)