Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Sitewatch

• Skulltag has had quite a few updates today (three, in fact) outlining plans for Skulltag's client/server engine structure, work on the Skulltag bots (pissing off a bot should be fun), and lots of predictions for the 21st century.

Guest Anonymous User

I'd really like to see this project released. Those bots sure sound great. Oh and about the predictions of the new millenium... I sure hope they make time travel possible soon. Cause there's a lot that I wanna change in the past, and a lot that I wanna see in the future of our cilvilizations...-:)) -Laters. EUGENE E. SLOUPSKY

Don't worry, ST will definately be released. Even if somehow progress was to come to a dead halt (which it won't), there's still enough done that I'd release it in its current state. And yeah, the technology of the future oughta really be something. I'm really looking forward to it... obviously :) Any others of you guys got any comments about ST or the millennium predictions?

If jfaulken can add in multiplayer which is as good as NetQuake/QuakeWorld, I'll play Skulltag till my dick falls off (which is quite a bit considering I don't use my dick while I'm playing).

Well, the main reason techonology jumped so fast this century was basically because of the Second World War. Would you want another just to get your time machine?? :-)

Guest Anonymous User

But really, full client/server Doom with just some of those enhancements mentioned in SkullTag and DAAAAAAAMMMMMNN!!!.... I'm takin' this one with me to the afterlife! YEEEAAA!!!! Wonder how good St. Peter is at Doom.... :-) Gotta let him win tho :-( Carn and the ex-Gearbox genie----you dudes kick some JenLopez+sized ass! Unreal what? Naw, crappy weapons. Quake Arena? LOL, you call that CTF action?! Bleh, that's kids stuff.... gimme Doom, and yes, put it through my veins! That's the stuff-----ahhhhh, anyways, yes, it seems the 21st century is gonna provide thrills and chills on the par of the first trip through E2M2. You have chemically and biologically-engineered computers and microchips comin' down the line within a decade! Yes, this will allow the (near infinite) scaling up/down of remotely operable, and artificially intelligent robots. In-depth analysis of our present-day vital resources and advances in genetic, and molecular engineering will yield likely replenishable resources. Endless resources and the progression of quantum physics, and further study of the use and nature of all, or any dimension, will lead eventually to instantaneous, and infinite or near-infinite space/time/interplanar(?) travel. Of course, chances are overwhelming we will run into at least one other (more like many other) existing advanced species out there. War will likely result down the line (yes, that's human nature it seems...goddamn us apes!) resulting in another boom in technology, probably producing fearsome machines of war, and complete and utter destruction-----so please, take your Doom with you to the afterlife, it'd be a bitch to forget! It's gonna rock! Woohoo! OK, you're free to go potty---with all the excitement, I know I have to go!

Well, I think WW2 probably sparked things a bit, but I don't think it's the main reason things have come so far over the past 100 years. I mean, look how far we've progressed in the past 30 years, and that's cetainly not due to any big wars. Another war might speed things up a bit, but it wouldn't be necessary for technology to evolve period.

Well, I'm sticking with my negative view of technological expansion or whatever you want to call it. Think of flight - we wouldn't have advanced this far without the military trying to perfect their jets etc.

Also, you're forgetting the cold war which I am sure motivated you Americans maybe even more than WWII.