Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Sitewatch

Guest Omniverse

He's basically changed Doom to Quake, and then made levels for it. Why not just make levels for Quake? Why involve Doom at all?

Guest war-ped

i mean realy i think what he's doin is cool if ya dont like it dont talk about it and dont d/l it when he releases it jeeeeeez

Guest Levendis

Entirely off the subject...
Has anyone played Warcade1 yet? It's been out for a little while so maybe I just missed the boat but...I have to say that this is almost the most fun I've ever had playing Doom. Who needs excessive detail? It's fun as hell! Play it, dammit!

Guest Levendis

Entirely off the subject...
Has anyone played Warcade1 yet? It's been out for a little while so maybe I just missed the boat but...I have to say that this is almost the most fun I've ever had playing Doom. Who needs excessive detail? It's fun as hell! Play it, dammit!

Guest Fanatic

To Omniverse: it's not "chang[ing] DOOM to Quake, and mak[ing] levels for it".

It's "Quake done DOOM style", and done my way. There are a lot of scripted events, and some of the monsters are actually a bit better than the ones in Quake (in their attacks and stuff).

Go to my homepage and read up on it. Read my log files, read the QDOOM page, and if that doesn't answer it for you, wait till it's done and DL it if you dare.

If you don't like it, don't DL it.

Your complaint could be said of any project using DOOM. Why do detailed maps like the Gothic ones, when you could do them for Quake3? Why do scripted stuff for ZDOOM when you could do it with QuakeC or Quake3? Give me a break.

The only thing I can gather from your comment is you want QDOOM to stop and not exist. What point are you trying to make?

Gimme something constructive, or go elsewhere and complain about me. :P thpth!

I've played Warcade1. Sure, there's a lot of annoying mirages on the level, but it sure it fun.. Kinda like what QDoom is going to be! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

qdoom is cool tc . people who just have doom can use the tc to play doom quake way beside du can't have two people on one pc with quake. but using doom legacy u could play qdoom with a friend or a brother offline with having to try to play it online with a lot of lags. the launchers for doom like zdoom and doom legacy made doom kill all those doom like game because of the opengl and 3dfx support. so doom will kept on being the best. make levels for quake is just too hard and long. and another thing quake 1 2 and 3 don't have launchers that like u do these things. if they just put the music into the game instead of using music on the cd would be lot better. music just sound bad for quake 2. using doom legacy and zdoom with a 64 bit or higher sound means better music. sound card doesn't affect a game that use music for off it's game cd. quake 2 cd music just makes quake 2 boring. try playing all day with the same 10 music tracks and watch you'll go insane.

Guest Anonymous User

"Your complaint could be said of any project using DOOM. Why do detailed maps like the Gothic ones, when you could do them for Quake3?" Because DOOM doesn't suck. :)

Guest Omniverse

I just didn't know what it was and needed clarification. If I was saying there wasn't a point to QDoom I woulda said "There isn't a point to QDoom." :)

Guest balanco

Not everyone has Quake1 (I do, but it often leaves my hard drive when I need some extra space :), and frankly, it's going to be interesting to see Doom with real 3d floors. Doom has a look and feel that Quake doesen't have. A side note: Though I don't expect authors to shut down a project because of comments, I hate it when I come here are reqad severe critisism for a project that there isn't even a test version released for. Speaking of projects, I think Doomworld should check up on the authors of a few ...er...... dormant projects who's sites are being hosted by Doomworld :)

Guest Anonymous User

Not everyone has Quake1 (I do, but it often leaves my hard drive when I need some extra space :), and frankly, it's going to be interesting to see Doom with real 3d floors. Doom has a look and feel that Quake doesen't have. A side note: Though I don't expect authors to shut down a project because of comments, I hate it when I come here are reqad severe critisism for a project that there isn't even a test version released for. Speaking of projects, I think Doomworld should check up on the authors of a few ...er...... dormant projects who's sites are being hosted by them :)

Guest Anonymous User

Not everyone has Quake1 (I do, but it often leaves my hard drive when I need some extra space :), and frankly, it's going to be interesting to see Doom with real 3d floors. Doom has a look and feel that Quake doesen't have. A side note: Though I don't expect authors to shut down a project because of comments, I hate it when I come here are reqad severe critisism for a project that there isn't even a test version released for. Speaking of projects, I think Doomworld should check up on the authors of a few ...er...... dormant projects who's sites are being hosted by them :)

Guest Anonymous User

Sorry about the mutiple posts (not sure why my name didn't get posted 2nd and 3rd time around though. I might have cut it out by accident)

Guest Anonymous User

I'm having a pretty bad night with my keyboard <:}

Guest balanco

I'm having a pretty bad night with my 'puter <:}

Guest Anonymous User

looks like a pretty kickass TC IMHO. I never really got into Quake, but this TC makes me take a second look and consider spending some time behind the seat, exploring some nice-lookin' "brown" levels, and shooting up some "brown" baddies. Hehe, but really Fanatic, from the screenshots you've posted so far, this TC is one, not only I, but many Doom and maybe Quake fans alike, are definitely going to download and enjoy. I thank you for all the time and effort you've put into QDoom. It'll likely show through in the quality of the final product, which I eagerly, but somehow patiently, await. BTW, I don't shop online or use a credit card (thought of one sends chills down my wallet hehe), and definitely would like to place my hands around a genuine CD of your music. Is there a P.O. Box, or some other address, I can send a money order to, to receive one of your CD's? I wish I could get one of those Tolwyn & Klem CD's, too. :-(