Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Plugged

I got two emails today from the leaders of newly started Doom projects. The first is entitled Demon Chapter, which "hopefully should have new weapons, levels, textures, sounds and enemies to kill and torture." Nice... also, I got word of Oblivion Doom, a new 32-level megawad. And yes, I can guess what the comments on this story are going to be saying, but whatever.

Guest Anonymous User

what comments?

Guest Fanatic

Welcome, and much success to you!

Above all, make sure you are doing what you like, and don't give up!

Guest TheRequiem

I will be in Doomroom tomorrow at 2 o'clock central time, so stop by if you have any questions about my megawad or the progress, thanks.

Guest citrus

Well, here's the comment Linguica knew would come:

None of these will be completed.

There. I said it. When people come out of nowhere and tell you they're going to do 32 new levels with new weapons, monsters, textures and all that stuff, I don't think many people will beileve them. If you haven't got some significant experience in DOOM map making you don't understand what a huge project it is to do 32 levels. Sure, if you want to make maps that are as complex as doom2 map01 then you'll be just fine, but seeing as the bar has been raised quite a bit, you'll need some mighty impressive effort to pull this off. Oh well. Best of luck, anyway.

Guest Xenocide

CLICK HERE--> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Booth/3568/">AV</A>

Guest nitro

Forget other crappy projects! If you want great quality maps then wait for Parallel Dimension 2: The Extinction. 'nuff said.

Guest Anonymous User

Y'know, half of me doesn't think any of these new projects are going to be completed EVER. The other half of me is not so cynical and believes in things like puppies, dandelions, and the basic good that is in all of us. That side says "Get back to work, dickheads!"