Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

FearDM

Guest Levendis

I recently was given the chance to play a demo of Doom: Resurrection.

I'm not sure how much Tawney wants me not to say so I'll try to keep it vague and brief. It's fun to play. There is extensive use of scripting (and unlike some people, when I say "extensive" I mean 'It is used in many places for many different effects,' not 'It's used in one place. Me smash head with hammer.')

There are only two things I don't like about this level. One is that there are either two few enemies, or that they're too monotonous, to make it really challenging or interesting to fight them. I usually think it's fun to hover around 30% health in running fights with imps, chaingunners, and revenants. This might be fixed in a later version.
The second thing is that, like many megawads nowadays, the authors are using a single predominant color. In this it's grey. This is probably keeping in line with the theme of the wad, but it's not as visually appealing as I like my own levels to be.

All in all, this shows a lot of promise and I can't wait to play the final version.

Guest Levendis

Ok, I know this is like four posts in a row by me (or is it three)?
Anyway, what the hell is up with Sailorscout uploading Heretic and Doom 1 crap to /pub/DOOM2/? You download something, run it in doom..."Crap, another idiot who didn't just choose map01." You bust out NWT and you find out..."Ooohhh, no, it's just another idiot creating levels for Doom 1..."

I'm sure SailorScout has some talent. Canalrun sounds very interesting. But it's irritating to have to slog through crap that is in the wrong directory and for the wrong game!

Guest Tawney

Couldn't you have just emailed me your opinions?

Guest Anonymous User

/pub/doom2 relinks to /pub/idgames/ , which encompasses both the heretic, doom1, hacx, strife and hexen directories.

Guest Levendis

I stand corrected.

Guest Anonymous User

heh....well All level are cool in a way... like my DM wad "DudMatch" Its a hell of a lot of fun -Cyberdud14