Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Doom Nation Stuff

Guest Levendis

Was anyone aware that Sir Robin is a huge stoner? Check out his "Hemp Basement" (linked from his "Doom Castle"). This is one cool thing I did not know about this guy :P

Guest ricrob

so...you're saying it's cool that sir robin is a drug user. personally, I think it's lame...and makes you and sir robin both look weak in my eyes. if you're actually in approval of his drug use that is. Screw drugs man...go skiing or something...

Guest Levendis

I can understand not using drugs for several reasons. However--and correct me if I'm wrong--but you appear to be the typical "never tried anything, don't need to know anything" type. You suggest that I try skiing "or something," presumably other active sports. What makes you believe that enjoying athletics and the outdoors are qualities that are mutually exclusive with smoking weed? This shows a narrowness in your thinking that you may not be aware of.

The USFDA just released its latest report on marijuana. It found no serious health risks aside from the threat of lung and mouth cancer, which are equivalent to those of tobacco smokers. Unlike alchol, THC does not cause people to become violent or depressed. Exactly what do you feel is "weak" about it? I'd really like to know. E-mail me or something.
--Levendis

Guest Anonymous User

I applaud you ricrob for abstaining from drug use, just as I myself have managed to. But to say Sir Robin is lame for using drugs? I've never tried, but probably will someday down the line (probably soon since the LAN parties I attend often are THICK with the smell of weed ;-) ). But I'll probably stay off the stuff even then, cuz I've had my share of alcohol, but the stuff honestly just doesn't appeal to me. I don't have any probs tho if people don't follow my lead. As long as they don't annoy or attempt to force, or hurt me in any way---more power to the potheads! :-) Many of my "fragging" buds at the local LANs are into the green stuff (not moola), and I find'em alright with or without the drugs. Let's leave the "lame" connotation for MACs, and people who think Doom sucks, OK----or is that the "are you fucking nuts, you inbred lamer?" connotation in that case? hehe

Guest ricrob

imagine if the Rams were all stoned during the superbowl game...do you think they would have won it? I dun think so...that's what's weak about it. enuff said. Oh, and I have been around the block once or twice..so I'm speaking from experience. If I am of the opinion that drug use makes you weak in my eyes...then that's that. I don't need to justify my opinion to you on the matter or anyone else. Sir Robin obviously thinks it's cool to advertise his use of mary jane on his doom page. Personally, I think he may in fact offend many gamers by doing so...maybe not. It's just my opinion though. Obviously you didn't get offended, instead you found it note-worthy enough to plug his *bad habit* on Doomworld...something I found to be absolutely uneccessary and quite out of context. I've known for quite some time now that Sir Robin is an avid fan of pot, and once discovering this simple fact, it helped in answering a lot of questions I've had in the past concerning the chap. I've even seen a photo of him...scary. Finally, I mentioned going skiing because I found it be a much better high than smoking a bowl and then feeling like I was melting into the sofa while staring at the tv, not knowing or caring what was on it. Smoking...skiing....smoking...skiing...I think I'll ski... or play some DooM...

Guest Levendis

First, in what country is "superbowl performance" used to guage how "weak" something is?
* Would the Rams have won the superbowl if they were reading books? No? Books are therefore weak.
* Would the Rams have won the superbowl if the opposite team indulged heavily in anabolic steroids? No. Steroids are therefore strong, and not using them is weak. * Would the Rams have won if they were playing Doom? No. Doom is therefore weak (blasphemy!).

You are correct in stating that you do not need to justify your opinion to anyone. That's the great thing about opinions: you are entitled to yours even if you do not base it on personal experience or facts.