Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

QDoom AVI

Quoth the Covaro:[an error occurred while processing this directive]Go now to see QDOOM's E3M1 super 3D elevator!!![an error occurred while processing this directive]That would be here.

Guest Curtis Smith

it looks like he just made a elevator on quake.

We finally get some kind of look at this amazing game!! The thing I liked most about it was the text there! Beautiful font!! This guy just won't ease off on the quality of the maps! I think it's a little brown, though. I hope that it's not brown throughout all of QDoom. That's one of the things I didn't like about Quake. Anyway, that really is some great work there!! I'm really looking forward to something finally getting released! Heh heh, well talk to you later! :-b

Guest citrus

Interestingly, the latest version of Windows Media PLayer won't let me play this AVI. And andrewB, would you calm down a little? :-)

Guest Anonymous User

I had the same problem when I tried to play back the Blair Imp project movie. It seems that the Blair Imp file needs a decompression module which I don't have on my system (I wish people would not compress AVIs, or atleast give us a download link to the module that the avi requires. Even worse, there seems to be a whole bunch of different and incompatable compression schemes floating around out there. :

Guest balanco

Last post was by me (I hate it when I accidently click a link, and the browser wipes the password, and I forget to retype it [me longs for the lood old Commodore/Ti99/4a days. PCs annoy the &^& out of me :/

Guest Fanatic

I used Animation Shop 2 to compress the AVI. Uncompressed, the AVI is almost 10 megs.

The compression format I used was Indeo video 5.02 at about 80% compression (seemed to get the best compression and video quality), and Windows Media Player 6.4.07.1028 (the most current version) plays it fine on Win98 and WinNT. I would check for an upgrade on your Media Player version if you have any problems playing the QDOOM avi, over at Microsoft's webpage.

The text: I noclip'd out of the elevator so I could get a good shot of it going back up to the top. I've been extremely detailed with QDOOM, all the way down to fonts. :) And thanks for noticing.

Guest Anonymous User

Jeezus! Qdoom may as well be Quake!!! VERY impressive work there!

Uh, Fanatic, one question. Can you walk under the elevator after it goes back up?

Guest Fanatic

Yes, you can have anything from coop, dm, or single player with monsters and have a thing in the elevator and another thing walk under it.

There are no tricks done with the elevator. Full freedom of movement is allowed over, under, and around the elevator. You can jump on the roof of the elevator and ride it up or down from there as well.

Guest mancabus

Curtis it is a Quake elevator!

Guest balanco

Thanks for letting me know what I need in order to play the avi