Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Second Story

Have you been dying to play a 3D action game with rooms over rooms, and for some reason you can't play Quake or Unreal or any of the other games to come out in the past 4 years? Then head over to Room over Room Doom, a Boom modification which is on track to providing total room-over-room support in Boom or anything else it's ported to, something which the author is designing to be as painless as possible.

Guest Levendis

This sort of negates all the illusions people have developed over the years to simulate 3D architecture. Nevertheless, I can't wait until I get a chance to play with it...

Kinda makes me wonder if we've reached the limit of what Doom can do. If the beta for this is out in April, we can figure on a ZDoom version, then a ZDoomGL version, following by, oh, Midsummer. 3D architecture--levels rendered in 3D--colored lighting--dynamic lighting--scripting--basically what we've got is a new engine that runs Doom maps. I don't think it's a bad thing either.

Ok then...figure on good network code by the end of the summer. That will be bringing people back into the community. IMHO what we ought to do as a community is pull together and write a new game--it doesn't have to be anything huge. But I think that given the skill we've all developed over the past five years, we can make something really kickass to "reintroduce" Doom to the gaming public (should go over well considering people are developing for Quake now). Any takers? Drop me a linehere.

Hey Levendis, you missed the boat... You should have been around when OGRE started.

Guest Anonymous User

It was interesting to see Doom with true rooms above rooms. You can even see both over sectors at the same time without the HOM effect you get with build :)