Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

DeePsea Progress

A new version of the Win32 level editor DeePsea (formerly known as 'Deep97') is almost ready for release. They've also put up a clarification on their new "drawing across lines" feature.

Wow, I'm all excited waiting for it to be released!! I can hardly wait!! This is going to be better than BUILD!! Man, they sure know how to put a guy through suspenseful excitement.. :-b

Andrew, I hate to have to be the one to tell you this, but DeeP just plain sucks. It is the most problematic and inconsistent level editor besides WadEd, and at least with that one you could sit down and figure out within an hour.

I never had any problems with DeeP, except for the size limitation. <P>I agree, Chief. I'd like to see some of AndrewB's stuff. <BR>Vote Quimby!<BR>

Lüt: You obviously have some problems not directly related to DeeP. Chief & Hyena: I've never released a level in my life, but thanks for asking! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

Hmmmmmmm?

Seriously now, I'm not letting you punks in on anything!! Why do you think people get agitated waiting for various projects to be completed?? Sheesh! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

The only real difference which made waded easier to handle than DeeP was its 'make sector' option which made it quick and simple - pity it was the most bug-ridden and unreliable editor ever.

Guest Levendis

It's all about DEU IMO. Make sector? Pfft, back in my day you had to make a sector by laying down vertices, then linedefs, then sectors! Of course, we had to walk ten miles in the snow, uphill both ways, barefoot and chased by wolves, just to get to a computer...

I don't know... but it might have something to do with that 'waiting' thing you mentioned...

Guest Risen

Actually, once you figure out its little tweaks and such, WadEd is a very nice development tool. I still use it as my primary editor, since I've used it long enough to know all the little things about it. The only thing that's really too bad about WadEd is that the source never got released as promised; I had people lined up to remove all its limitations... Line-based construction rules!<BR>

Well, I think it's worth the price to avoid the whole WadED, WadAuthor, WinDEU messes altogether! :-b

Guest Risen

Sure, it has it's bugs, but once you know them they're easy to work around. WadEd never crashes on me anymore. Most people use external node builders anyway (I rarely ever let WadEd do my nodes) and you can't beat the interface. I'm not so keen on the newer versions (1.83, 1.88) because they constrict memory even more, but 1.42 is and my editor of choice and probably will be for a long time.

Yeah, but DeePsea is better than all of them, in every way. You're all just jealous because you don't have DeePsea. Of course, if you're happy with your current editor, well there's nothing wrong with that..! :-b