Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

Hell Revealed 2 Beta Released

Guest HellKnight

As soon as Chroz said it was uploaded I was downloading it. Fuck school, I gotta beat HR2!

Guest Xenocide

Been waiting for this. I wonder if it's as hard as AV ;) still downloading with a crap connection... grr

Guest lau

Hey Chro! I'm downloading right now!

Damn, I should have picked it up yesterday. HellKnight showed me the link, but my page wouldn't refresh. <P>*grumbles to himself*

Guest Levendis

The title of this WAD should have been "Hell Revealed 2: The Wad That Slaps You Across the Face With a Fat Dick." Like many people I believe the only way to play Doom is with -fast on. Try it in HR2. Map01 takes only a few seconds to resize your rectum. I'm only on Map03 and I'm getting OWNED!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Guest Levendis

I managed to get up to "The Seige" but the level is unplayable on -fast because the trillions of homing rockets that get launched at you slow everything down. I had to cheat through it :(.
Off-topic, I've been working on a weapons mod lately. The changes are very simple, and it will be finished in about a week (I have to finish one gun and get the credits text together so as to avoid another boomtown incident). If anyone wants to beta for me, drop me a line at levendis79@hotmail.com.

Guest Xenocide

Mattias... nice map! But I found two errors, there are two parts where monsters meld into eachother. 1 before the room with 4 cybers, and 2 inside the 4 cyber room there are some archies who meld with chaingunners. The second error is in the 4 cyber room, one of the stairs is fucked up with a hom. I made up a demo up to that room... died of course ;) Check it out <A HREF="http://gis.net/~bspencer/demos/HR2BS-31.ZIP">HERE</A>

since chroz's server is in norway, it's probably going painfully slow for all you americans and canadians. so i'm providing a maryland-based mirror here, which will hopefully get you non-europeans rates better than 0.4k/sec ;)

Guest Anonymous User

the map31 bug might be my fault.. i fucked around with the level a little bit and rebuilt the nodes and all. :) Mattias is fixing the level now, so I'll update the zip when i get it from him. I also noticed a bug in map15 which ruins the map if you trigger a secret.. :( I should have this fixed by tomorrow. These things happen when youre stressing like a maniac to reach a deadline. :) Anyway, in the meantime enjoy the rest of the levels.. hehe. :) Btw I also noticed the Hr2 zip _exactly_ doesnt fit on a floppy disk. How convenient. :)

Guest cocoon

Uhm what all HR fans been waiing for? HR again but now with good looks. This time I might stay in the game all the way though. I actually think so. HR really didn't look that good, and I am not _that_ good in the doom environment, but I really don't plan on leaving the world of HR2 anytime in the near future. Great job Jonas (with team)!

Guest Chrozoron

Yeah the beta should now be 100% playable. :) the map31 bug is fixed.. along with the map15 one.

Guest Chrozoron

here's the link in case you forgot: :) http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~jonasf/HR2.ZIP or get it from prower's mirror site: (US) http://www.frad.org/hr2.zip; (might not be updated yet, I just mailed him) or get it from: http://www.doomnation.com/brv/files/hell_revealed_ii/hr2.zip

Guest Mad Cow Disease

It's about time I stirred up some contraversy. <P>Map02 provides a painful reminder to always use texture offsets. <BR>Map07 is hideously unplayable. <BR>And most of them put more emphasis on being difficult than being fun. They're not the same thing, people. <P>I'll admit, though, some of them were very well done.

Guest Caleb

hey lau, im downloading it too! what am i getting myself into? aw well, "im not dead yet!"

Guest Chrozoron

madcow: well, this IS after all a beta.. and i know i didnt have time to fix the texture offsets in map02. perhaps you could give some constructive criticism instead eh?

This is one sweet piece of work. Especially the music! It's awesome!! They get five thumbs up from me!! :-b

Guest Chrozoron

well, hr2mus.wad is currently just an exact copy of hrmus.wad, which again had music taken from rise of the triad (i think) ;) the mus wad in the final build will have music taken from lots of different sources, but i'll prolly reuse some of the hr1 music there too ;) i just felt i had to include at least something along with the beta wad.. i mean, we're all incredibly tired of the standard doom2 tunes, or what? :)

The great thing about HR the original was the difficulty settings. If you lowered the skill level then the SP levels were actually doable for the average person.

So yeah, DO THOSE ASAP :-)

Chroz: Yonatan would be proud ;-)

Guest Anonymous User

"HR really didn't look that good"?? Those levels were beautiful; not overcrowded with unneeded garbage. They were designed on the standard set forth by Plutonia. Geez.

Guest Levendis

I also find HR2 to be insane on UV and -fast. I tried skill 3 and there seemed to be only 1/4 the enemies. In many cases there also seemed to be too much ammunition--IMHO it's better to be able to escape damage than have abundant health, and it's better to have to think about where you're going to shoot. But that's just me. Great work overall, can't wait to see the finished product...how far along are you guys?

I know this sounds pathetic but I only normally have access to the internet at school so I can download anything that fits on a floppy. This file would have to convienantly be just a few K over the limit. Damnit! btw, Chrozoron - fixing the texture offsets is a constructive criticism.

Guest Mattrim.

Blasphemy. The Plutonia Experiment is superior to Hell Revealed...appearance or otherwise.

Guest Chrozoron

i honestly think that fixing texture offsets in the final version is something that goes without saying. i had a deadline and i reached it.. barely. the new metal texture in map02 was added a few minutes prior to the first release and i really didn't have time to fix those offsets. this might seem like a defensive rant, but it really seems to me some people are forgetting this little (but important) word called 'beta' which i do believe was placed in front of the word 'release.'

Guest Chrozoron

also, im sorry the zip _exactly_ didnt fit on a floppy ;) i guess you could delete the mus file from the zip before moving it out to the disk though. (again, its just a copy of hrmus.wad) i realise now i shouldve put the music file in a separate zip, especially since its kinda unnecessary and all :( ill fix it.

I've just made it to MAP13, and I have to say, that these are some of the best DOOM levels ever created! Why just a few minutes ago, I got the scare of my life on MAP13!! I made it past the Spiderdemon, then through the hallway past the red key door, there was an invulnerability sphere right next to the door! I thought something was fishy, so I decided to creep in just to take a look.. I creep through the door (without the invulnerability) then I hear this big "Mroorrohogohoo" sound!! I was so shocked, that I dropped the mouse, and I cringed as a cyberdemon blew me away!! Wow!! Anyway, bye.. :-b