Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

DoomBot v4.0

Sergey Makovkin has released v4.0 (final) of his DoomBot. Based on ZDoom v1.18a, it supports CTF (two CTF maps are included), internet play and has an improved node system for bot navigation. This project is now closed and the author will focus his attention to either an OpenGL or a client/server-style Doom project.

You can get DoomBot v4.0 binaries and source at our source port section. Last but not least, head over to Captain Mellow's for a good discussion on the DoomBot's pros and cons.

Guest FyrestormX

I will be starting the DoomBot Team. We will include people who want to contribute to the project, such as people who can make .nod files, CTF levels, coders, DM levels, ect. If your interested, email me at Fyre666@hotmail.com with the subject "DoomBot Team". Thanks, and blow me.

Guest Anonymous User

One thing you guys should concentrate on doing is making a ZDoom version of the Doombot 3.0 (which is currently Lagacy based). As it is now, you cannot make nodes for ZDoom maps, as Doombot 3.0 cannot load them. I guess it might be possible to convert the maps back to normal Doom & then make the nodes, but that would be a pain. BTW, FyrestormX, what Doom projects have you coded? Haven't heard of you before. -Capt.

Guest Anonymous User

I found that the DoomBots (infact all of the Doom related bots) are FAR to easy to beat, even if I play 7 of them on map01 (doom2) they are just to easy to own (and I mean own, I win by 80 or more..... PLEASE whoever wants to add more to the doombot project, please make them a bit harder (and smarter) to frag... - Density (Member of Draft Software http://draftsoft.web.com)

Guest FyrestormX

i havent coded anything, cause I dont know how to :P, but the main thing I will be doing is guiding the people of this project to create a better DoomBot, and thanks to everyone who gave me ideas for the future! The doombot project page will be up in about two weeks, and I promise we will SUCCEED our goal for better AI, levels, and graphics for the DoomBot.

Guest Anonymous User

Well, good luck. Who do you have on your team so far?

Guest Anonymous User

IT BLATENTLY IS THE BEST DOOM BOT, IT MUST CONTINUE!

Guest Anonymous User

Density, I would love to see a demo of you owning the Doombot 4.0 by 80 frags (an incredible claim IMHO). That would be a great show. Please record one & send it to me, & I'll post it on my bots page. -Capt.