Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

DeePsea v10.01

The authors of DeePsea have made a small update to this Win32 level editor. The error check at the end of drawing has been dropped, which will make for instant jumping in/out drawing modes, easier drawing of tight spaces and merging of a long linedef into a short one. They also provide some preliminary rorDoom support by optionally disabling the DeePsea merge check when you drag objects or use the predefined Object Tools. This allows you to drag different sections on top of each other although you still have to use rorBSP and not DeePsea's internal nodebuilder to compile the map. The new version of DeePsea has been mirrored at our utilities section.

Guest Anonymous User

Hiya. I still don't get it. "DeePsea". What the hell does "sea" have to do with wad editing? Am I just dense and missing something terribly obvious? Anyone?

Well, let me put it to you this way.. The sea is deep!! That about sums it up.. Still, doesn't having that "sea" in front of "DeeP" kind of defeat the theory of "DeeP" being an acronym? Hmmm.. Just a thought! :-b

I always love how people make comments without ever looking or reviewing or checking out what is they are commenting on. It's pretty duck simple and explained in the online help. "sea" is what's it's written in. We are from "seattle" and the "sea" is pretty deep. Now wasn't that easy:) Are you ..? I dunno. Jack

Guest Anonymous User

I suppose. I liked DeepWADer myself. ;-)

There are 3 problems with "DeepWADer". 1. It's not very original (geez how many "WAD" this and that are there?). 2. The name is more then 8 characters (yes that's a "world" file storage problem) 3. If you forget hearing about the "sea", it's not very obvious (and subject to distortion). It would read in the context of "wading" - you know like in a shallow pool. So using what you now know to explain another name is ..err.. I liked some of the other names, but "sea" captured them all - plus it had a cute play on words without being a clone of all the other "WAD" this and that. Besides, my wife liked it too:)