Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

IT'S RELEASED!

THE DARKENING EPISODE 2 HAS BEEN RELEASED! Sorry for the caps but this is big, people. This is some damn high-quality work from authors such as Nick Baker, Ola Bjorling, Ben Davies, Derek Mac Donald, Anthony Soto, Lee Szymanski, Richard Wiles, Adam Windsor, S. Woodman, Kniggit, Matt Dixon, and others. If you download one WAD this month, this better be it. From the text file:

After being in production for waaaay too long, here is episode 2 ofThe Darkening, sadly also the last episode. There will be no third one.

Don't cut your wrists just yet though, because in episode 2 you'll get:

+ 12 single player levels, spiffy ones too
+ 12 deathmatch levels, for all types of play
+ tweaked for optimal gameplay
+ over 600 new textures
+ all new musical score

Sounds cool, eh?

Of course it sounds cool! Go get it!

I just want to request that all the review sites give detailed reviews so I can see if they liked my map (#4) specifically. The other maps suck anyways! :P j/k

Guest Anonymous User

finally :)

Guest Slipgate

I knew it would make it by today, considering where it was a week ago. Hey Anthony, what the hell are you doing online so late? Did you actually decide to move your computer to your phone line for a change? How about doing that for a game of DOOM sometime, eh? To Anthony and the rest of the Darkening crew: Cheers.

Guest Pirx

oh yeah... thought the wait won't be over today. (but i wish there were more than 12 SP levels) hey compet-n guys, i hope you make a demo collection soon (guess why, i suck at recording lmps :) nice there are so many new textures, i mean we know every standard texture, and ola's are pretty professional. everyone who tried to make some textures knows it isn't that easy to make stuff that really FITS into the game.

Guest Pirx

too bad there won't be a 3rd episode, i hope level makers will use the darkening2 resource wad for other works.

I know that both I and Derek plan on releasing levels with Ola's spiffy new textures, and there are various unreleased levels by members of the team (specifically Ola and Jan). Mine and Derek's levels will be for Boom, so no more removing loads of cool details :)

Running through this masterpiece makes me realize just how much my editing skill sucks by comparison. Really really good!!!

Guest Daggah

Hooray! =)

Guest IcarusWing

<font face=arial>Haven't had a time to play it yet (I'm at college and they don't approve of such things...) but I've checked out the maps in WadAuthor and they look amazing. Can't wait to play it.<font size=2>I guess I shouldn't bother releasing any levels for a while, then...

This is good...no, this is really damn good. But what else to expect with those names in the credit list ;)? Anyway, all the levels are beyond great...though map04, 05 and 12 stick out as incredible...this was worth the wait. Now what? Demos? Hell yeah...

Let me start off by saying this: the levels are designed exremely well with good enemy placement, as in "Not a bunch of boxes with Cyberdemons stacked like cordwood to the ceiling". *cough* Hell Revealed *cough*

Although, this seemed too much like Quake2, and, well, I've played Q2 already.

Overall, a kickass job by the team members. :)

Thanks to everyone for the great comments. Especially thanks to Anders for giving my map(4) extra praise. Now, I want to see some mad demos of this wadpack. Anders, Adam (x2), Chroz, Henning, Panter, Rudy - bring it on.

Well another version of the wad may be released with the maps all rejected as we didn't have the time to do that. So maybe the current demos won't be compatible with that version. But um, record anyway, you can still play it over. ;)

Guest HellKnight

Fuckin finally ^_^ I skipped school yesterday to get this and it wasnt uploaded until VERY late that night :(. But then again, it could be worse, at least it was released and it kicks ass..so, great work ola and the rest of the darkening crew and good luck with the rest of the Darkening E2.

Guest Recidivus

You skipped school to download a Doom wad? I'm not one to judge, but that's bordering on unhealthy obsession...

Guest mystican

rec you llama, this isnt any ordinary doom wad, this is darkening e2 :P

One word: AWESOME! Maybe I should have stayed up that night until it was released :)

Guest Xenocide

DE2 is extremely awesome. Maps 8 and 9 are totally cool. The only bad things are (IMO of course) the musics for maps1-4, and the doors. I have a hard time seeing non BIGDOOR textures on the doors ;)

well, you asked for it :). after me, cocoon and chrozoron finish the darkening ep1 demopack we're making (shameless publicity? not a bit of it!) - although as far as i can see, it consists atm of me making five demos and those gits making none at all, not that i'm complaining, far from it - expect to see the ep2 demopack. so...who's with me, dammit?! not, of course, that i've actually played the final thing yet. but i did make a couple of demos for the levels that were done last year. HA! i'm leet. you aren't. well, anyway, yeah...look for the darkening ep1 demopack before the end of the week, 'cos if cocoon and chroz don't get their arses in gear before then i'll damn well finish it myself. bye bye...

Guest Anonymous User

Count me in if ya start any ep2 demopack :) I've begun recording map04 already damnit :)But...umn...Afterglows post was kinda scary, so maybe we should wait until after the reject stuff :)

Guest Anonymous User

Most of the MIDIs in here are pretty old, so I'm a little grimacing when I hear them in the context of dusty tech-halls, but often I think it works well. I've just done a quick IDCLEV check, but I think all of the SP part is my music? Do you guys have any comments at all? - kniggit

To everyone interested in demos: Yeah, there's gonna be another version coming. Alot, if not all maps will be incompatible with the previous version. Probably because ola will re-do nodes and definately re-do RMB. We found a VPO in map4 and map9 still needs tweaking. Those are just the maps left on my plate. Which brings up a point: Report all bugs so this can be bugfree. Besides bugs, if there is anything just mention it to me. I'll still consider it for my levels if it's reasonable. So I guess for now recording demos is just for short-term novelty.

got darkening e2. played through about map5. got bored, deleted.

maybe i'm just too spoiled? all i play now is counter-strike, which has breathtakingly realistic levels and fast-n-furious gameplay. i enjoyed episode 1 of darkening very much, but e2... eh. oh well. i don't think it's cs though, i thought adventures of massmouth was a great conversion.. whatever. nice job on it i guess.

since i know that some retards will flame me and shit, lemme just say this beforehand: it's an opinion.

Hi Prower...you are probably not spoiled...just a little mean...and envious :) Not ment as a flame or anything...just an opinion of mine.