Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Palmtop Doom

We got word from several people about DOOMling, a commercial PalmOS Doom clone by James McCombe, which will become available early April. Guess you can use these overgrown calculators for something after all :)Unlike what most people seem to think, this is -not- based on the Doom sources, and it plays more like Wolfenstein (one plane only, no flats, etc). However, some of the textures / sprites look remarkably familiar?

Guest Anonymous User

I wonder if the developer of Doomling has put any thought on the fact that his name and the textures in the game are clearly based on Doom, violating the trademarks and copyrights ID software has on this game.

Guest DarkNation

I can think of another use for those 'overgrown calculators'. If he is indeed ripping off doom, then we should forcefeed him one analy.

Guest Rhoq

Hey, a friend of mine got one of those palm-thingies recently. He let's me borrow it during math class (not for math, to play dumb game sand ignore the teacher). Anyways, it would be cool to have Doom at my fingertips during school, even if it has wolf-3d style levels.

Guest DarKrow

Anonymous User, just lighten up. It's no big deal.

... Ha! If that isn't the stupidest idea. Imagine deathmatching away, with both machines placed flat on the table, perfectly still!! Sheesh, you know!! How could you possibly play like that?!! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

From the screen shots I saw, it didn't appear he was ripping resources from Doom (scince when did the Doom default textures include have doors with an X shaped beam on front? :)

Guest Anonymous User

They aren't just based on doom graphics - some of them were clearly ripped and scaled.. See their level editor for obvious examples: That Cacodemon is *not* just a clone. :) There are other things that looks suspicious but aren't as clear.. The grunts, shotgun, chaingun, etc.. With some effort it could be proved: Is it worth it? This is violating copyrights isn't it?

Guest Elviele

No ceiling textures or floor textures! And verticaly sliding doors! It just looks like wolfenstien3d with some doom gfx!! I thought it would be so much better!!