Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Covie Goes Crazy

Nah... FRAGmentation, non-lineality and plurality make up the core of the doom 'atmosphere' that relates the maps. Each level designer does his own thing. If there is any relationship between any 2 map series or episodes, it was an because the author opted for that. I (personally) don't like artificial unifying constructions like these. Maybe you wann do it as a curiosity. But why make 'histories' and 'ecologies' for DooM. Doom is the crossroads of two things, I feel; a) Bloody Action and b) the Unknown. The short stories, fragments, pictures that accompany the map sets are there to bring depth to each episode, TC or whatever, but are lifeless by themselves. Each and every individual creation by a map-maker adds to doom uniquely. Keep the sky dark, and the stars will stand out. Just my opinion... try your hand if you will, Cov (plus whoever else). PS: If I mixed writing with doom I would just scribe flashing glimpses of damnation, foreboding insights, unfathomable horrors, or cruel gore (tending toward the irrational and mindless; not chronologies and encyclopedic descriptions).

Guest Anonymous User

There is nothing that shows that you're a fan more than having a compelling desire to make lists related to the object of your obsession. I know I'm over the edge about something when I find myself making lists, putting things in chronological order, stuff like that. It doesn't matter that Doom doesn't "need" a story, it's fun to make one up. I'm really looking forward to this project. Also, everybody lay off the pipe. Am I the first post?