Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

HACX Released

Guest David_A

All you have to do is load up dhacx.exe in dehacked and save it to a deh file... No other downloads are necessary.

comments welcome on map07, anyone...my best sp level ever i think...but not map19, because i made it in two days to fill out the numbers, and it sucks :). to ling: the reason hacx was designed to check for doom2.exe is we got the cheap-ass license, and weren't legally allowed to release the product as standalone - even though it could have been released as such. it had to be an "add-on", so a check for doom2.exe was coded into the installation routine. i don't know what the license status of the project is at the moment, to be honest - since the source is now GPL i assume we're no longer under this obligation, but i'm not sure. adam w designer, map07 and map19

Guest Levendis

The HacX files are "temporarily unavailable" -- anyone want to put up a mirror?
--Levendis

hmmm,if there is someone willing to head up a 32 level addon to the addon, i've half way there. I've already created a few stages and four new baddies to fill up the missing eminies that hacx never replaced. Cool, i think i'll drop that guy a linn.

Guest Nostromo

David A said the same thing that Hyena sent me an E-mail on ...you can get the DEH file using the method mentioned. Alternative method is to copy the DHACX.EXE, rename the copy DOOMHACK.EXE (note: that's a K, not an X) and run DEHACKED.EXE. Then save the file as a DEH, i.e. HACX.DEH. If it doesn't work right, you may have to adjust the DEHACKED.INI (I know I did as my INI still pointed towards the STRNHACK files). I've also received the DEH files from Marc Pullen (thanx, Marc) and I'll make them available in future packages as well as a stand alone download ...as soon as I have someplace to download the files from. Got slammed with a $175 charge for bandwidth usage so I'm not using my own FTP site for a while.

If I had the file I'd mirror it.. only 11% was downloaded... maybe doomworld and doomnation can post mirrors? Although DoomNation's bandwidth isn't anything to brag about.. heck it probably doesn't even exist.

Has anyone noticed that occasionally, after pressing F6+y, the game freezes up about 1 second after saving?? Some funny lines appear on the screen, and I have to type hacx+[enter] to get into my game again!! Remember, this only happens occasionally, like every 30 minutes. It isn't much of a problem, since I only lose about 1 second of gameplay. Anyone else experience this?? :|

Also, the game boots me out when I try to save my game on the beginning of level 8. What's up with that?? :-b

Darn it! I can't save my game on level 8!! I thought it was nothing at first, but now this is serious.. What's up??!!

Guest Pudge

Somehow, when I downloaded the game, the cheats were absolutely the same. Oh well. I'm not bitching. They come in handy sometime.

That only seems to happen when I load up hacxport.wad along with ZDoom. All the other DeHackEd stuff works, but the cheats are regular Doom2 style. Weird.. The cheats are all different on doom2.exe. I don't even know what they are.

Guest Nostromo

Level 8 may lock up under certain conditions like which difficulty level you're playing for one. I tried really hard to get that solved before the release but I was having a hard enough time with the same problem on my own level ...it's pretty immense. Look at it this way ...it use to be a lot worse.

I'm playing on skill 4, AKA "I Am Immortal".. Are there any other problem levels besides 8?? :-b

Guest Mattrim.

...here I thought that, after playing DOOM(2) for several years, most of you would be at a satisfactory skill level such that you would not have to save your games. Have some faith in yourself and your abilities. Rely on your talents to keep you out of trouble...not on F2/F3.

Guest Nostromo

I "believe" that level 8 is ok on the "I Am Immortal" level of play. If I recall correctly, I adjusted the level using that as a test. There may be a few too many monsters in it on the other difficulty levels. Level 12 "may" have a similar problem, although I tested that one to death to insure it wouldn't so that may be rare. The only other bugs I know of concerns Co-op play. There are areas in some levels where if one buddy gets killed in a specific area that is inaccessible to the other player, a switch or similar function cannot be performed and therefore the players are stuck. This is pretty common in megawads, especially when you don't have the resources or personel to properly playtest Co-op play. Feel free to send me bug reports. I know that personally, I probably won't be able to address them due to time constraints but there may be someone out there who'd like to take a crack at bug fixing.

If I save the game when I enter level 8, I get overrun by the buffer. I can tell you for sure that level 8 is a problem level. That's what's happening to me.

As for saving games, it's not very fun to spend 20 minutes blasting your way through 90% of a level, fall in a slime pit, and then spend another 15 minutes playing the level WHICH YOU ALREADY PLAYED.... Game-saving is good on a single-player megawad adventure like this. :-b

I just made it past level 9 and, WOAHHH!!! That was one awesome level! It was HUGE!! It was grueling... Long, long, endless level!! It took me maybe 2 hours to finish it.. Dear god!! :-O

Anyone who hasn't made it to level 9 yet, brace yourselves.. :-|

... Goes nicely with my first post. ;-p

Anyway, did I say level 9? ...'Cause I meant level 10.. Yeah, level 10 is nasty!! :o