Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Mailbag

Well, if there isn't going to be a real Doom movie, you can always make do... SJ Zero gave us a link to his first experimental Doom movie, recorded with Doom Legacy v1.29. You can download it at his site.

Snej sent word about his Stop Keen partial conversion. It actually seems to be completed two years before, featuring 22 levels, new textures and sprites. Several screenshots are available as well.

A new site called Add-on Universe has opened, aiming to bring you news about add-ons / skins for a wide variety of games, including the Doom series. However, it's pretty much bare bones right now so you might want to visit at later date.

Guest Snej

I uploaded a new ZIP version of SK3 for all those who can't uncompress exe's

Guest Anonymous User

I read in one of those old doom strategy books that there would be a movie coming out in the summer of 1995 or something staring Arnald swartsanigger

Guest Argh!

Just wanted to comment on the results of that poll. I'm very surprised E4 came in last! For me that was a close second to E1. I wonder how many other voters for E1 also thought so.

Guest Daggah

These postings you're always doing...they're not mailbags. They're just random junk. :) A better name would be something like "werd" like Shugashack does.

Argh!: I thought that was strange too. Overall E4 is better than E2 or E3. It is more difficult though compared to Doom's other episodes. Maybe that's why some people don't like it as much.

I think E4 is not fun... The most ambiantic episode is E1. The levels in Hell look messy to my opinion.

You know, that poll almost exactly reflects my feelings about the Doom episodes. Episode 1 was my favorite by far. Episodes 2, 3, and 4 were hard to seperate, but I figured that episode 2 was my second favorite, followed closely by episode 3, and then episode 4, which I do feel was technically superior, but not as much fun.

I guess great minds think alike!! :-D

Bah. Inferno is the best one and you know it. 1 and 2 were just generic base-looking levels, atmosphere was OK but fairly boring. Inferno... not perfect by today's standards, but that's where the atmosphere was at. E4 is an ok addition, but nothing special. All the levels were way too small, it seemed like a last-minute thing to throw in before releasing the full version of Doom to stores.

Guest Pudge

Personally, I think the best Ep is Knee Deep in the Dead. It's levels might not be the best, but it's just pure nostalgia. I remember the first time I ever played sharware Doom on my old 486... scared the shit out of me... first game I ever had on my computer BTW, episode 4 wasn't just slapped on before they released it. It actually came out well after Doom 2, cause fans were crying for more.

Guest The Little Faith

I played through some of the levels of this marvellous epic and i must say that this guy is showing potential, but the wad has it's problems. While the guy is a pretty good architect and makes some reasonable puzzles he looses it all when he begins to texture. There are plenty of tutti fruttis. A good indicator of a newbie editor. I, however, do not think that tutti-frutti's are grievious errors. Much worse are the misaligned textures. Ouch that did hurt. You find all sorts of misaligned textures. CONS- flats used on curved structures. Computer and light textures cut over in half and the guy seems to have absolutely no clue about unpegging. The levels are not crap however. Monster placements is good. Action is varied throughout the levels. Level 1 looks and feels awfully old and newbie, but in fact it is great fun. New textures are cool (and theyre generally the only ones to be aligned correctly). I would say that if this guy was taught the art of texturing properly his wads might ascend to MM2 or Requiem standards. Good work (besides the texture alignment).