Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

DoomWads Online

Over at DoomWads.com there is a new design that is currently being implimented. Looks to be pretty interesting. Feel free to go over and check it out. It's not done yet, but hey, can't hurt to look. Thanks to Fredrik for the news.

Guest Doss

It's just so cool... let's make it every doomer's first language!

That would be f_sky1 I was referring to. What was I thinking?? :D

Anyway, yeah.. Seriously, put some DOOM textures in there, man!! :-b

Guest Doss

I feel a little BROWN96 and GRAY5 today. BTW, Linguica looks like a FLOOR3_5 flat. So AASHITTY on you ;)

Since when is F_SKY1 useless? That's how you make the sky in outdoor areas. AASHITTY is the only useless texture (ok, maybe the goofy-ass Wolfenstein textures too). You don't seem to know much about level editing...

I'm a 256x256 room with a lava pit in the middle (25 units down, so you can't get out unless you're using ZDoom). I have cages on each wall containing 50 revenants each, there are 20 cyberdemons roaming around, and the only ammo and health are a bullet clip and a stimpack. The walls are BSTONE2 and the floors and ceilings are CEIL3_1. Guess who I am...

Hell Revealed! :)

Guest Mad Cow Disease

I agree. <P>I'd prefer a difficult and challenging level where monster placement is worth something. <BR>Any ten-year old can design a single room and fill it with spider masterminds.

Uh, Megalyth, I think he was referring to the fact that the actual appearance of Fsky1 is never used anywhere in the map.

That's exactly what I meant. I know that f_sky1 is the texture for skies, but the texture that appears as a flat is completly meaningless!! That is what I meant..

Yep, so if this is going to be a DOOM wads directory, seriously put some color and textures in there!! ;)

Guest Risen

You could always go METAL2 and MARBLE1, but that's a bit bland if overused. The STARxxxx series has a lot of good potential, But make sure to throw in some variety, like a COMPWALL or PLANET1. SHAWN2 is a bit too plain, I think, the AG128_x patches just have too little variety for such a large area in a web page. But then, maybe that's just me knowing the DOOM WADs too well...

Yes I know the actual picture of the flat is useless, but you can't make skies without the flat itself. It should just be a box that says "F_SKY1" or something instead of a sky picture.

Guest Doss

Hey! Can someone create a javascript that emulates the medusa effect? I'm ready to pay a lot of money for it!

Guest Anonymous User

I need help locating these wads. Please help

http://www.doomworld.com/ricrob/files/PerdGate.txt <P>Next time, please leave an e-mail address so I can e-mail the links to you.