Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

For the attention of Mr Spike & Mrs Vampirajay :-P

DSM - Jaakko just mailed me to say that the firing damage flags are hardwired into the Jdoom.dll code, so no beefed-up bullets for us :'(

Perhaps. Unfortunatly, i don't look forward to going back and re-building 10 maps that we've put together over the course of 4 months.

I think i'll stick to what i know :)

Spike said:

Perhaps. Unfortunatly, i don't look forward to going back and re-building 10 maps that we've put together over the course of 4 months.

I think i'll stick to what i know :)

Yeah your right. BUT, for any future project you may make, it's always a possiblity.

RailGunner said:

river pagelethon crash my machina

Phlegethon (03), Acheron (06) and Styx (07) are huge maps - i've not had many probs with em b4. What spec r u running?

Railgunner - that just about spells it out, really.

I sometimes get some serious slowdowns on the aforementioned maps - here's my spec :

P2-350
96mb RAM (8mb shared by AGP)
12mb Voodoo2

Do you see?

Vampirajay said:

hey, sorry to tell you this but may not be able to run Jdoom with a 8meg video card but by all means give it a go, you need to go to http://doomsdayhq.com and d/load Jdoom then go to http://www.reznor.demon.co.uk there is a link here which will take you to the site! have fun, any problems just ask, we will try to help

Thanks. Does it require JDoom? I already have the JDoom zip but it is really slow and crashes after a few minutes.

RailGunner said:

a 66mhz with 32mb ram i got in '95

Somone actually has a worse computer than mine?

RailGunner also said:

i also play on my sister's 900mhz with 128mb ram!

Aaahaa. :)

KK - yeah, i'm afraid Jdoom is required; that was the whole reason for building the WAD, really. Playing without the port will mean that the sectors are too dark - almost pitch-black in places.

Jay can't even test her own maps (she hasn't got a very powerful 3d card), so she has to throw them over the network for me to test.

To be honest, I think you face the Icon of Sin far too early taking into consideration that there are going to be three episodes in all - I don't feel like having to kill that goddamn annoying bastard THREE times in one megawad - I like how there are "walls" (both visible and invisible) surrounding you when you stand on that platform shooting rockets at that damn head, but it doesn't make the boss less annoying (I HATE when a critter spawns in front of you when you try to launch rockets at the Icon, so that the rockets target the monster instead).

dsm said:

To be honest, I think you face the Icon of Sin far too early taking into consideration that there are going to be three episodes in all - I don't feel like having to kill that goddamn annoying bastard THREE times in one megawad - I like how there are "walls" (both visible and invisible) surrounding you when you stand on that platform shooting rockets at that damn head, but it doesn't make the boss less annoying (I HATE when a critter spawns in front of you when you try to launch rockets at the Icon, so that the rockets target the monster instead).

Whew, let's see...
a)We reduced the spawn points of this particular baphomet; i added the 'caged lift' and such to make it look nicer than the original (map30).
b)Don't worry, this will probably be it's only appearance. Ep's II and III take place on Earth after the Baphomet's destruction, and you'll be travelling from Greece to the UK (ep2) to space - Episode III will take place on a gargantuan space station orbiting the earth :)

*Whew*, thanks a lot for reassuring me, 'cause I really hate that Baphomet thingy.

Heh - yeah, we too thought that 3 would be a bit too much.

Looking forward to doing the space-station maps tho; with the scrolling ceiling textures, we can make it appear that the station is spinning using the starfield texture from map01 :)
I'm gonna be taking a bit of inspiration from 'Hellraiser - Bloodlines' for this...

Spike said:

KK - yeah, i'm afraid Jdoom is required; that was the whole reason for building the WAD, really. Playing without the port will mean that the sectors are too dark - almost pitch-black in places.

Jay can't even test her own maps (she hasn't got a very powerful 3d card), so she has to throw them over the network for me to test.

I've looked into jDoom. It ran just good enough for me to see how great the wad was! I couldn't play alot, but the effects are great. One of the problems is jDoom doesn't even detect my 3d card. :(
I played in ZDoom for a while cheating light amps and I like the ammo balance. I also liked the use of soldiers and demons, it was one of the best wads I've played. (If you can say I played it.)

i am really glad that you liked what you saw, unfortunatly, we can't really adapt this wad for other ports! I did try but to no avail, oh well! maybe if we do another wad after this mega-wad then perhaps we'll go for zdoom or something, i dunno, really really glad you liked it though :-)

Heh - no, stop, my ego's cracking the walls!

We've taken a little break from the WADs, but rest assured, work on 'Mount Olympus' and 'Toxicity' (maps 11 and 13 respectively) will be starting this week. This time round, we'll only be pre-releasing a 2-map 'demo' on the website until it's done.
There'll be a lot of XGdata line/sector creation going on too. I've perfected one with a moving (flowing) river that carries you along with it, and i'm working on glowing red sectors with ambient 'alarm' sounds (should be good for emergency scenes). The only downside to this is that, as we have to create brand new sector types (and ID numbers for them), the maps will probably crash under any other port, as it won't recognise the new sector IDs.

KK - can you not invest 20-30 quid/dollars in a 32mb 3dcard? I'm only running a 12mb Voodoo2 myself...

Biffy - yep, you can turn autoaim off. It's on the options menu.

Spike said:

KK - can you not invest 20-30 quid/dollars in a 32mb 3dcard? I'm only running a 12mb Voodoo2 myself...

I'm saving up to buy a whole new system. I saw one somewhere with I think 800mHz and 64mb video for $550.

Vampirajay said:

Unfortunatly, we can't really adapt this wad for other ports!

Hmmm....I guess everyone else will just be left out. Sucks for them doesn't it? Heh

Ha ha! YEEEHAAA!

My brother (Carnage) said, "I wonder what'll happen if we set this (jDoom) up for GL?" We tried it and it runs (320x240) like ZDoom (420x380).

:D

Yeehaw!

800mhz system for that price? We're looking at 500-600 quid for a 1200mhz system with a gforce4 64mb thrown in.

I've started making excruciatingly slow progress on map11, but it should pick up by the end of the week, as the ideas are starting to flow.