Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Blood Will Be Shed

Guest DeaD RevenanT

You haven't played the levels yet...wait you can. Once you give §anGuinEou§ a try, you'll find out what the fuck we're talking about. At least you're giving us some feed back...it doesn't mean shit untill you played the damned thing. So, go on playing "cool" maps like "myhouse.wad" and shit like that. Have fun. Believe me, "§" is going to be better than you thought. I've played some damn good levels and these are, well you'll see.

Who knows. When Sanguineous is released I will play it. If I like it I will say so. If I don't like it, I won't say anything. Daggah - wait till you play it before you say it sucks already ok? It may just seem like a formality to you but anything else is just plain unfair.

Yes. I am interested in Qdoom. I plan to download it when it is done. I have some hopes about it. I hope Fanatic will finish it soon. I hope it will be good. Will it be good? I can't say for sure. I'll just have to wait and see. Daggah, it sounds to me like you are hoping Sanguineous will fail. I hope it doesn't. That doesn't mean I have made any judgements about it's quality.

It's fine. I do it all the time, once the project reaches a certain point. In this case, I can say at the moment it doesn't look too good. I figure, looking at the screenshots, if those are the best areas they can take pictures of, I will probably not be downloading it. If the progressive screenshot updates keep getting better, I probably will download it. Right now it just looks like a texture job covering up architectural design from the average late '94 levels.

Guest cocoon

"§anGuinEou§" It must be a bitch to write it out in all threads. Looks like a nightmare for a novice like me

It ought to be obvious by now, but these comment threads are not meant to cuss eachother out. Several comments from this particular one have been deleted for that reason... I strongly suggest to the authors of those comments to find themselves another outlet, preferably at a place where they don't bother the rest of us.

Mordeth! I wish those other comments had not been deleted. Now everyone is going to wonder why I'm prattling on about Qdoom on this thread. I look like a total idiot now. Not that I didn't before but -heh :) Anywayz ... Lut: The point I'm trying to make is that I think its unfair to declare project is bad before it is released. You may end up being right, but what if you're not? Expressing interest or disinterst in an unreleased project is one thing. Judging it's quality is something else.

I'm sorry, but there was no reason to delete my post.

And Dagger, people are pretty sensitive about their projects so maybe try to think about that before you post your comments :-)

Quit harassing Birdman. I thought we agreed that a million other people had stolen textures as well...

See, see, I knew this was coming, I was prepared this time: I just happen to have all the deleted comments in a text file. Yay. Along with some other threads too - maybe I should post an archive or something... we really need the DoomNation forums back, this is just getting out of control. What the hell is taking so long over there anyways?? But yeah, about the judging: I wouldn't say it sucks without playing it, but I would say it doesn't look architecturally appealing or the slightest bit complex, as in this case. I'll keep watching to see what turns up, but I don't think it will be too exciting. There's other things to go on too, like their website which is also sloppy and having constantly misspelled words, or what they said here yesterday. Those things are never a big deal, but like Ling mentioned, for somebody who's into top-quality stuff, a certain degree of professionalism would show through in everything they do, even if it's just spelling stuff right. So that's sounding a bit lame right now, but yeah, everything seems to be drawn on a 32x32 grid with the only details being on the new textures. I don't think I saw a curved wall in any of those screenshots...

Guest KT Slayer

yeah Typing §anGuinEou§ is a pain :), but after the first 50 times you type it it gets easy, Hey DagGer: i understand that you can freely criticize anything you want and say whatever you want about the quality of it but you wouldnt sound like an idiot if you wait for the 1st episode to come out then say it SUCKS to everyone or anyone you could possibly imagine, no matter what, it brings lots more of a crowd to play it. Thanks! oh yeah, Birdman;s levels DONT suck and as for the architecture of these levels, its good so far, and its getting better and better in every room built. I dont want to run on wasting time defending my project so I will give you the free right to say whatever you want but only after the 1st episode is released. is that a Deal or what?

Guest DeaD RevenanT

All I have to say is that the screen shots don't show you the suprizes. Yes there are curved walls. I've seen'em played'em. Trust me, when its done, download it...then rip on it. Until then. Keep your thoughts inside and expect something you wouldn't. Confusing? Exactly.

Ok. This is your site. You can do whatever you want. Just to let you know though, deleting posts really pisses me off. REALLY!! :(