Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Summer Daze

So, what are you guys doing/going to be doing this summer?

Wasn't this already a thread in the polls forum?

Anyway, I have resolved to do nothing this summer. Well, basicaly nothing at least compared to what my friends are doing. I'm going to finish drivers ed, work on my music, and help my mom out with the lawn and errands and shiz (so I can get some cash). AND THAT IS ABOUT IT (besides all the stuff I'll do on my freetime...hehe).

Hmmm....Roskilde...that's a Norse word, isn't it? Related to the Vikings in some way if I'm not greatly mistaken, no?

Means Roar's spring. It is the name of the town I live in.

For most foreigners it is synonymous with the biggest Rock festival on this side of the atlantic.

I'm going to be mapping for a RTCW mod, and for Q3/TA as well, also hopefully making another CD...:-)...who's at Roskilde this year?

Avoiding work.

If I put half the ammount of effort into an actual job as I do skiving off, I'd be very rich by now.

The World Cup.

At some stage I'm going to have to get a job but I'm holding out well at the minute..

DooMBoy said:

So, what are you guys doing/going to be doing this summer?

I'm going to be hanging out and relaxing, hopefully I'll be getting Cable! I'm gonna try my best to avoid trips though...

Bleh, I'll basically be everywhere but home...which sucks because I'm damn tired of travelling, there's so much more to do around here, and I want to finish DOM E1 by the end of the summer...

Let's see though...

After I get out of school (June 17), the last two weeks in June are all mine, but starting the first week of July, I'm in Stone Harbor NJ for a week, then coming home and going to camp for a week, then Minnesota for a week and a half, then rushing home from there for a soccer tournament the weekend of the 27th...a week or so off, then cross country starts and I have to go to an XC "camping trip" (although all it really is is sitting around a lodge and watching TV and being lazy, so that's not bad), then about a week later, school starts again.

Damn, now that I think about it, it's waaaaaaaaaaay too short.

Zaldron said:

It's not summer for me.

Heh, that must be weird, celebrating Christmas when it's 80 degrees out.

Mah ass will be workin, chillin with mah girl, hanging with mah boys. We plannin on partyin, drinkin, smokin, buyin mad gear, hookin up mah car, and checkin out da different spots, like Daytona Beach out here!

............ basically, da same shit I do all year long.... but it will just be a little livelier around here now!
>_<

Completing some exams first. :(
Finishing my RTCW map.
And going on the best vacation I ever had! Two and a half weeks of USA-discovering! The schedule: Amsterdam -> New York -> Washington DC -> Orlando -> New York -> Amsterdam.
Woohooo!!!!

Working 5-6 days a week, and finding time to do my writing/programming projects during the off-time. The Warped Tour hits town next Saturday. Flogging Molly and Bad Religion on the same stage >DISPLAY.ANIM>happydance<

Creating wads, writing stories, making babies and roasting alive in my leather jacket under that bastard thing we call the sun.

Learning Macromedia Flash, Lightwave 7, and building my webpage.

Zaldron said:

It's not summer for me.

"...Don't cry for meeeee, Argentiiiiiinaaaaa...."

getting my driver permit is my first goal in this summer, then studying for sat this coming school year, might get a job, working on building the site doomcon and the dm wad, technology arena, watching nba, world cup, and do some other stuff.......

Pray to god that I can find a job, because else getting that GeForce6/Radeon26000 might prove difficult next year. And get to work on the 2D platform game I've been planning.

pritch said:

"...Don't cry for meeeee, Argentiiiiiinaaaaa...."

But I'm continually in vacations, unlike 99% of the people down here.

Avoiding Millennium, trying to find a good job/apartment combo.

Zaldron said:

It's not summer for me.

Same. And i'll be on holiday anyways. A week and a half at the theme parks on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. Blig fluffy dressed up as cartoon characters, watch out! My foot your ass! Actually, i'd better not, since I don't wanna get kicked out and all.

Other than that it is just usual (sleeping, eating, drinking, working) and misc other shit.

Heh, you work at a theme park? which one? I spose it's good, as long as some one else does a job like that, then I don't :D, then again, not living on the gold coast helps that a bit as well :D Wouldn't mind living there tho. Not all of the time though.

Heh, whats the problem with christmas in summer, better than having it in winter. thats for sure, it doesn't even freaking snow here! So i'll stick with christmas under the sun instead of during miserable rain.

Zaldron said:

But I'm continually in vacations, unlike 99% of the people down here.

I can just imagine it. Zaldron is sitting there, chilling on his computer, while outside there are riots going on and the president is fleeing to Brazil.