Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Pure Chaos

I got this email from G.B. Jackson, director of The Chaos Crew:

Things are being done within the Chaos Crew, and based on the screen shot Chris Luts sent to everyone on the team, our final level is looking great. I can't share the pic with you all yet, when we release, I would like to use it as the pic of the day promoting its release.

We're still a little ways off, but due to personal and professional activities, we have been forced to move at a snail's pace. With summer on the horizon, I'm sure that things will pick up a little. It would be nice to see Caverns of Darkness released by the end of the summer.

That is the goal I think we will shoot for, but we're not going to hold our breath. We WILL release it, though; and I have no intentions of just releasing it as-is without everyone in the design process satisfied with their own work.

I think that the majority will be pleased with the results of our meticulous work. I am satisfied that the work that has been and is being done on this project is true to my vision.

Ah well, guess we'll have to wait a little longer. GO over and download their one-level demo if you haven't yet, it kicks ass.

Guest Mattrim.

I cannot wait for this project. Of all the levels and sets that are bound to be released in the coming weeks and months, Caverns of Chaos is the one I am anticipating the most. I encourage anyone not familiar with this project to visit http://www.doomworld.com/chaoscrew/ and enjoy the screenshots. They are not to be missed. Enjoy the view.

Guest Mattrim.

...Caverns of Darkness, rather. A thousand apologies.

BTW, it's Caverns of Darkness. But what's in a name? The one level demo was pretty cool though. I loved the final sequence. *shwing!*

Guest Daggah

Hey man...

I, too, am looking forward to this project. It looks pretty damn sweet. While I'm thinking about it, I'll go ahead and grab the demo. :)

Guest Charger

My mom see's it as just another thing to waste space.....

The architecture looks good, but screenshots can't tell you much about the gameplay.

Hey Lut, (that's your level in the demo right?). Nice one. Looks really good. I'm thinking this project will give Darkening E2 a run for it's money. Of course it's going to be a hell of job keeping the quality as high as this first level throughout the set. You guys have lots of work to do :)

Guys -- This is Lutz here, the designer of the demo level; first of all, thanks for the praise. To be honest, I think it is probably the worst level of the bunch -- that sounds like marketing bullsh*t, I know, but it is true. I would have much rather released another level for the demo. Anyway, we all appreciate the generous comments; and Hyena, it plays as good as it looks. Any other comments or questions can be directed to me or anyone else on the crew. - Lutz

Did I mix you up with someone else? Are Lutz and Lut the same guy? Sorry if I goofed :)

Guest GBJackson

I just reallized that I mis-spelled Chris's last name in my post. It's Lutz, with a Z not an S.

I'm trying to find a rock to crawl under.

Sorry, Chris

-In Christ,[b] G. B. Jackson

Yeah, you are confused ;) I am not Lutz, I didn't make the level in the demo. My levels will be in Millennium - Map26, 27, 28, 29 and Map05.

Yes...Lut & Lutz are different people. I'm Lutz, responsible for Inferno (Ultimate Doom) and maps 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, and the secret level(s)(?) of Caverns of Darkness.

Guest Daggah

Minor. I don't like having to use that modification of the BOOM engine...I almost feel naked without freelook these days, and that low resolution is hurting my eyes!

Guest mystican

cod is dope, i played the demo when it came out and it was the coolest thing i've played for ages, alongside darkening e2

afaik the modified engine only adds ambient sounds, so if you can do w/o those then you can use any other boom port

Guest Anonymous User

Zdoom is boom compatable, just use it for the other features. Mystican, your not black god damnit!!!

Guest Daggah

Oh and Anon User, you've got no right to tell myst how he should act. :)

Guest GBJackson

CoD uses MBF, and has MANY added features and adjustments to things not handled by BOOM or MBF.

Joel Murdoch has done some very good work with this thing. I have a feeling that even the doom gods will find a few unexpected surprises in this one. I can be sneaky when I have a mind to, and I had a mind to when I told Joel what I wanted to see added to monster behavior. A good bit if that sneakiness is in there. You'll see it when it comes out. Some of the old rules of engagement against hellspawn will have to be rewritten.

Take care, and God bless...

In Christ
G. B. Jackson
Director, The Chaos Crew
"We give Order a purpose..."
http://www.doomworld.com/chaoscrew