Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maff

Grudgefest Doom2 Ladder Tournament

Back in December 2001 through Feb 2002, I ran a Doom2 deathmatch tournament called Grudgefest. I have recently got back on the deathmatch scene. What I was wondering was whether anyone is interested in starting the tournament back up again. It got pretty lively before. If anyone is either interested in getting the tournament back up or seeing it come back to life get in touch with me.

url: http://battle.at/grudgefest

AIM: sayhi2bailey4me
yahoo: boythisworldisgetinme
msn: sayhitobailey4me@hotmail.com
email: t_healy@mail.plymouth.edu

Nice to see it back, but I would go delete the other forum posts, cross posting can make your bottom sore

Yeah, I found that out with the csDoom thing :)

And yeah maff, sounds like a good idea. What's it on, the Zone?

Ok..... Let's take this discussion into the general forum.... Here I cross-posted... INGORE THIS THREAD

I wouldn't mind seeing the ladder make a comeback. I only got to play 1 match before it was shut down.

On a related note, all deathmatchers running Win95 or 98 and who are able to open ports 28800-29000 and 33136 so that they are directly mapped, should get an MSN Hotmail or Passport account and navigate to http://zone.msn.com/zonelan. There you'll be able to play multiplayer games using doom2.exe (v1.9) - The original and best. You'll also need ipxsetup.exe and optionally its frontend dm.exe. These files were all included on your original DooM2 disks or CD.

N.C.

I'm probably gonna start doing that. The only problem is that I deleted doom2.exe when I got ZDoom and Doom95. I know it was stupid. I can reinstall Doom 2 and get the file from there, but that's version 1.666 and the wad file I've got now (and need) is version 1.9. When you use the upgrade patches, is doom2.exe affected or is it just the wad file that changes? I mean, will I be able to play doom2.wad ver 1.9 with doom2.exe ver 1.666 ("The German Version") or will I have to download Doom 2 again?

Same question about the original doom.exe running the Ultimate Doom wad file?

MaTT [TiK] said:
will I have to download Doom 2 again?

Baaaaaaaad boy

When you use the upgrade patches, is doom2.exe affected or is it just the wad file that changes? I mean, will I be able to play doom2.wad ver 1.9 with doom2.exe ver 1.666 ("The German Version")

The executable changes as well. Mixing wad and exe versions is not a good idea if you intend to play multiplayer games; you'd probably get consistency failures. In single player mode, I don't think it should matter much (i.e. you should be able to play the game), but any demos you might record probably wouldn't run correctly on other people's setups.

Same answer as above, I suppose.

N.C.

fodders said:

Baaaaaaaad boy

Ah fod, but I told you before, I did buy Doom and Doom 2, but Doom 2 wouldn't upgrade, so I downloaded the wad file for version 1.9 and deleted the exe.

nc_ds said:

The executable changes as well. Mixing wad and exe versions is not a good idea if you intend to play multiplayer games; you'd probably get consistency failures. In single player mode, I don't think it should matter much (i.e. you should be able to play the game), but any demos you might record probably wouldn't run correctly on other people's setups.

Well, for Ultimate Doom, I'll just install the original and upgrade it again, but for Doom 2, I'll have to find somewhere that has the exe file for upgrade if the 1.666 one causes any problems. Thanks.

I didn't think of using that when you told someone about it the other day (if it's the one I'm thinking of). Thanks a lot :)