Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New Forum

Funkymonk sent word that he's opened a new Doom Forum to go post your rantings and ravings now that the Doomnation forums are pretty much officially dead. Hey, that forum software is free? Maybe I should put one on Doomworld...

I just got posted a comment here. I got a bunch of warnings flashing in front of me, then I returned here to find the comment didn't get posted. Okay..

Anyway, you're darn rights it should be put on Doomworld. forums.doomworld.com or doomworld.com/forums sounds might nice. As much as I like Funkymonk's forum, it would definitely be much better suited on Doomworld, which I suppose gets, ooh I don't know, maybe 4x the visits that DoomNation gets. Even the DoomNation forums were reasonably popular.

Anyway, yes.. Absolutely! Get one of these set up here on Doomworld!! :D

Yeah but now there's a bit of a problem as that forum system Funkymonk is using looks absolutely kickass and appears to be by far the best freeware forum system I have yet seen. If Doomworld sets up the exact same forum Funkymonk did, right after Funkymonk did, that would be a little awkward.

Really, though. The DOOM community's forum should really be on Doomworld, easily the most popular DOOM site on the internet. I mean 3000 visits a day, in the top 80,000 most popular sites on the net, Doomworld is pretty much DOOM's home on the web. Sure, it would be awkward, but is this about Funkymonk, or is it about the DOOM community? Does Funkymonk really need to be the head forum honcho? No offence. I'm just thinking about the DOOM community here. Give Funkymonk the credit he deserves for thinking of this, make him an honorary moderator or something, and get this thing on Doomworld!!

Okay, I don't want to be telling anyone how to do their job. It's just something I feel pretty strongly about. It would do our community much good to have this forum set up on Doomworld. That's all. :-b

I mean, just check out these two links...

http://baseballboards.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
http://tenthman.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

I don't normally suggest this, but: We should probably limit andrewb's access to doomworld. It seems like he is posting replies like he is a bot. Getting back to the forums: as much as I'd like to see one stop shop for all DOOM related things maybeye you guys shouldn't adopt the forums. Besides, mixing a forum with the message posts - it's one or the other. They are very similiar in nature and I prefer this better.

Guest Opulent

Forums, Message boards, irc, icq, rogerwilco,... it's a wonder you guys ever get a chance to actually PLAY. in this case, I don't think more is better. I like the message boards(these), but the forums WOULD allow Doomers to post on subjects other than the threads. -- err, on second thought...

Woah, wait now!! Limit my access? What're you talking about? Just a minute.. Hey, I'm just a nobody throwing suggestions. If you don't like my suggestions, then whatever! I'm not telling anyone how to do their job!