Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

Doom 3: Arena

More updates from DoomArena. Mainly some new pics of level two as well as one of the in progress level three. Head on over and check it out.

My god!!! Don't shock me like that with that headline! I don't care how relevant it is!! Sheesh!!! Oh well. Don't mind me.. :-b

Guest [DIH]Grunt

Damit Covaro You got me all happy for nothing!

Guest face.uk

Bloody hell I nearly wet myself with excitment. Then I realised it was my bloody page.Wish I'd never thought of the stupid name now.....Doom 3 has a nice ring to it though.wonder if we'll ever see it?

Guest Daggah

This is sort of like multiplication...multiply a positve by a negative and you get a negative number. So here's a more DOOM-relevant explanation:

Crap * Good stuff = Crappy stuff.

Crap = Quake 3.
Good stuff = DOOM.
Crappy stuff = Doom3Arena.

In summary...Quake 3 sucks...leave it in the Q3 engine (that's the only thing good about it). Don't port the shitty stuff to DOOM...

Guest face.uk

Well I have sent Daggah an email to make sure he gets this. I AM NOT PORTING QUAKE 3 TO DOOM. What I am trying to do is bring a more 3d feel to Death Match which is suited to zdoom (and others) rather than the line of site view that the doom2 engine gave us.Time and Time again I have had people slagging off this project for one reason or another. This is something I quite frankly do not understand. Yes ok I may not be the best mapper or know all the tricks but I am getting there.And as for the comment.... "In summary...Quake 3 sucks...leave it in the Q3 engine (that's the only thing good about it). Don't port the shitty stuff to DOOM..." Also what about the browney level recently made for quake3 and ported to doom.nobody said anything about that 'shitty stuff' coming from the quake 3 camp. OK I know I'm not up to his standards but I've really only been doing this about 6 months. So why not wait Until the final version is released and then make up your mind.(or you could download the demo) If you don't like it don't play it. It's as simple as that

Guest face.uk

By the way the title of the project is DoomarenA not doom3arena as daggah has written.Have you actually been to the page??

I was thinking he was just referring to the idea of the real Doom 3 using the Q3 engine. That's what I thought he meant. Maybe I was wrong..