Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

csDoom is here, and it kicks ass. Sure, it's capped at 8 players, and there's no mlook, and sometime your gun shoots the wrong type of ammo, but it freaking works, and works well. I hopped into a game on Map01 with 6-or-so other players, and OMFG... this is what Doom DM is like? I never knew. Since a few more than 8 people might want to play:

crystal.telefragged.com:10666 -- Map16
crystal.telefragged.com:10668 -- Map01

Have fun. I will see into setting up some custom-WAD servers later on... any particular WADs you'd like to see? Currently there's no way to set a list of WADs or maps for the server to cycle through... that will come later no doubt.

Guest Anonymous User

Run one with the action doom wad!

Guest nitro

Play FragFest Initialized with 8 people!!!! It will Kick ASS, I promise!!! :P

Guest Anonymous User

the linux client of csdoom is seriously flawed. it won't run as user. WHY ?? the sources are not available either to fix the svga lib error. WHY ?? ethh

Whenever I start doomcl.exe it says something like "you can't change turbo" and then crashes :-(

Guest Argh!

Tarin, get the newest release on the csdoom page, it fixes that bug! :)

Guest Mattrim.

ADDICTIV.ZIP, BOOTHILL.ZIP, BRIT11.ZIP, DMC2.ZIP, FETALDM6.ZIP, FETALDM7.ZIP, FFI_B.ZIP, GOTHIC2.ZIP, GOTHICDM.ZIP, KANDY3.ZIP, KING1.ZIP, POBLA8.ZIP, PWRPLANT.ZIP, THE_BOX.ZIP, THEBEST2.ZIP. Mind you, considering that those WADs were built for a maximum of four players, a player-limit would have to be imposed in order to make the maps function as intended.

Guest Anonymous User

TELECROS.WAD STARS2.WAD STARS0.WAD MEMORYS.WAD BUNAKD2.WAD(this is like the orignal Team Fortress!)

I want to see igor9.wad, level 6!! igor9.wad, MAP06! Can I get an amen to that??

Guest Caleb

get eternal DM in the cycle. and for those that like to REALLY hunt then kill, put eternal doom in the roster as well:-)

Guest JackRiley

I dunno if anyone around has a copy of it ('cept me) but there is an _old_ wad called #1image.wad It's not amazing to look at, but it plays AWESOME with 8players. If anyone is interested, mail me (zmc@worldnet.att.net) and I'd be more than happy to share.

The Igor series is a very, very well-known series of Deathmatch WADs. Level 6 being the most popular. Set it up, darn you!! ;)

Guest Mattrim.

Personally, I would ignore Vanatta's earlier output as seen in Igor* and look more towards his later material, particularily the superb Danzig series. Specifically, Danzig1 MAP15 and Danzig2 MAP20. Tried and true multiplayer excellence, especially for strategic one-on-one play or four-player carnage. Check it out.

I can't seem to connect to telefragged.com. My browser crashes every time I try to access the site. Is there still a way I can play?

Guest Rethcir

Could cycling be done via a zdoom scripty thing?

Guest Anonymous User

Why the hell are you trying to go to Telefragged's webpage? That has nothing to do with playing csDoom on those servers...

Ok, I'm a dummy...:) I figured it out ok. Good. Well then I must say this is the best thing to ever happen to Doom. Period!! It works great!!! YeeeeeeHawwwwwwwww ^_^

Guest Anonymous User

i hate WEEVILS iN a bisquit.....arggghhhhh...---possessed--- Yobbos Gobbos Flobbos Hey! FrOm ThE dEn Of LoUiS wwwwweeeeevvvvvillllllllllllllzzzzzzzz-.-.-.-.-

Man, I rock at Map01. I entered the game. Icedemon, or whatever his name was, Ice something, he had about 56 frags when I entered. He was #1. After a few minutes, he had 82 frags, and I had 79. It only took me about 10 minutes to reach 100 frags. I never did take the lead, but let me tell you, that is a level of strategy. Especially with 6 other guys with their plasma guns and rocket launchers. Nifty!! ;)

Probably IceMaker, one of the best players out of the DoomServ group I was playing with a year ago.

Ain't great???! Fun Fun Fun! Map01 is NUTS!!! Have you ever play a DM that cool before? I sure haven't. I've only played 1 on 1 on my lan up till now. Free for all with six or eight other players rules!

Guest Mattrim.

Playing a deathmatch in DOOM2's MAP01 (aka Entryway) with more than two players is absolute overkill, and does little to prove the talent of the players involved. Regardless of skill or experience in a 3+ player deathmatch on MAP01, the individual who camps the rocket launcher alcove will likely win or at least put up healthy competition for first place. Now, in a one-on-one deathmatch, Entryway becomes a whole new story...

IceMaker.. That's his name... I was keeping up to pace with him, and I was impressed with his skills. Camping by the rocket launcher isn't such a big deal since you're usually dead within 30 seconds, anyway.. :-b

Guest Mattrim.

In the hostile environment that is created with 3+ players on MAP01, the player who camps the rocket launcher alcove is guaranteed success. By firing ten rockets from that alcove, in a few short seconds, with that many player roaming about (as many as seven others with csDOOM), that player is guaranteed at least three, four, five, more frags. Just by firing blindly at nothing. These random kills escalate the player up the ladder, and the player is credited because of chance. Pure luck. It was not the skill of the player, nor experience, nor aim that got him those kills. It was the misfortune of the other players who spawned and simply walked forward into the extremely limited line of sight. The same player would be unable to duplicate these few kills with another weapon in that same timespan...a weapon such as a super-shotgun or chaingun, which require aim and reflex to achieve the same results. Hence, my general disdain for more than two players on DOOM2's MAP01.

Mattrim. You are totally correct. But you know what I say: so what. It's still a blast. Up till now the only kind of Doom DM I've played is one on one. This is the first time I have ever played a complete frag fest. I can't remember when I've had more sheer fun playing a game of Doom.

Guest Mattrim.

Stphrz: I am glad that you understand me. And I agree with you, wholeheartedly, it is fun! But, that is all it is. DOOM2's MAP01, with that many players, is not indicative of talent. It is a mindless frenzy.

Guest Mattrim.

A deathmatch, reduced to mindless ferver due to the sheer number of players involved, proves nothing in regards to the skill of the people playing. It is an orgy of violence, where skill is subpar to luck. Chance becomes law. Thus, the results become inaccurate and grossly distorted.