Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

PSX Doom Music

Not sure how legal this is, but what the hell. mewse sent word that he posted the PSX Doom music tracks up in MP3 format. Although a few of them sound identical, they're pretty cool, with some weird Batman/electronica influences being present. Check them out. If you're a Doom music fan.

Some of those tracks sound very Wing Commanderish.....

Guest Anonymous User

I reckon they are VERY good, someone should use em in a TC or something...

Guest Caleb

what do all these zips correspond too? we have all these zips that point to different mp3 files but not 1 of them has a txt file? are we to download blindly here?

Guest Anonymous User

Actually, since the zip's are named "track", and that playstation games comes on cd, my guess is that track 2 through track 8 is the cd tracks 2 through 8 (since track 1 probably is the data track) :o)

damnit caleb each zip is a different track on the cd it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. Now as to what each track is OF, find it out yourself damnit

Guest Anonymous User

mewse ate my balls! givve them back mewse Ouch i havn't got balls--- :(

Guest Anonymous User

PLEASE GIVE THEM BACK MEWSE! I NEED THEM, THEY BOUNCE SOO WELL

Guest Anonymous User

don't frete my balls are back on and behaving nicely thankyou.mewse is mewsed

Guest Anonymous User

Somewhat off-topic, but does anyone around here know the format of PlayStation Doom WADs? Lots of stuff seems to be compressed with some custom format and IIRC the textures are scrambled. Any takers?

Guest lau

Hey! First, let's thank Mewse for it but it isn't all the musics in DOOM psx... I have this game and most ingame music are not cd tracks... track2 is title screen, 3 is the options menu, 5 is end of level/stats, 7 and 8 are victory messages... only 4 and 6 are maps musics... A lot are missing... Rememeber the music with the crying babies? :)

Guest Anonymous User

mewse...he he :)(: eats ha ha - holes! hah

Guest giltygear

wanna hear a soundtrack with all noise and hardly any music? Pick up Saturn DooM. All you'll hear is groaning and satanic white noise.

i had written it in different postings...I have converted all PSX Doom music into mp3. I f anybody is out there, who having huge webspace I can send the CD in. Music is currently 33 tracks, 128 kbit stereo, all together 180 MB.

Sorry, I don't want to upload 180 MB, I have no time to do that. Further that's don't legal. I don't want to register to xoom for webspace. That's all because I'm searching for somebody who wants to do that. Hope you understand my point of view. Thanks. The King

Guest 5150

I need these tracks to play with PC Doom. I feel that these PSX Tracks sound way better than the midi stuff. Please send any help to me vh5150_d@hotmail.com

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah giltygear, the Saturn Doom version is good, although its perrty much the same as the PSX version. I don't think the crying babies are on the Saturn one, though I could be wrong. Since I have maybe someone could get me some space and i could upload them. But i doubt it.

Guest E1ghtball

Nothing beats the good old MIDI (or MUS to be correct). it sounds great on a decent wavetable.... even without. The crying babies disturb me, as does playing DooM without a mouse and the totally arsed up map scale. so the PSX looses all round.

Guest Anonymous User

, but as told, musics from menus and scenes. the ingame musics are actually midi's unrippable by conventional means, pretty close to the ingame musics from doom64. ethh

Guest Caleb

opinion time guys. with such good quality music such as these tracks, wouldnt it be nice to incorporate winamp in such engines as say ZDOOM? sure we all like the classic MUS format, but damn! mp3's sound so much better.

Those MP3s are made on no more than a $200 keyboard. That is some of the cheesiest in-game music I have heard.

zDoom 1.23 can play mp3s inserted into WADs as lumps. It can also play mp3s that are "-file " 'd.

I've put together a pwad to be used with episode 1, done with synthesized recordings of the original MIDIs. It's 50 MBs. Only one person has downloaded it from me so far. :)

Guest Caleb

Lut, am i to believe that you'd rather listen to midi then mp3?

Lüt, what kind of sound system do you have? When I played those mp3s on my computer they sounded fine. When I played them through my stereo...gag.

I have a very good sound system. Since I do recording stuff I've spent about $1,000 on a system equivalent to that of the average recording studio. I am talking about those MP3s as video game music in general. They may be better than the average MIDI but they are hardly worth including as CD Audio. It's just like a MIDI file recorded as CD Audio, just like the Hexen CD soundtrack. I'm going to post a few MP3s in a bit just for the hell of it.

Guest Caleb

boy we're all going nuts here aren't we:-)

ok I posted my little page here;

http://members.xoom.com/mippage/vgmp3s.html

So there ya go. Track 12 in Blackhole Assault is (IMHO) the epitome of videogame music, next being the Human Outpost from The Terminator disc. Try em out.

Guest Anonymous User

i'm getting a 404 error whenever i try to go to the site...damn shame, too!