Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Guest Anonymous User

Too bad I cannot test it due to the recent problem I had with my 3d-card, but I'm sure it rocks... I'd really like to see some more screenies ;-)
Thierry aka Hurdler

just played e1 thru with it... looks beautiful, no visual errors, no bugs, great! now all we need is FOV support, zdoom/csdoom compatability :)

Guest David_A

Well, it sucks on my machine. The sprites/textures were blurrier than glDoom and had a nasty habit of disappearing after a few seconds... Incredibly odd, since the hud sprites are still there. The D3D dll didn't even run. I suppose this has to do with my V3, but come on, he tested it on a V1!!! That gl driver has to be like 5 times as gay as the V3's!!!

Guest Anonymous User

Holy Cacodemons Batman, JDoom kicks ass!!! I've been waiting for a good gl/3dfx port for Doom and it has finally arrived! Man it's awesome, i could barely find any problems at all with, even with Gothic2 and other custom wads. If you have a 3d card get this guys, you wont regret it!!

Guest Confusion

Whoa, man...that's cosmic...red ice, man...whoa.

That ports looks like one of the BEST right now ! I have just some little problems to get the KING DOOM Frontend to work with that...but I hope that will be fixed in future. If you want that I should fix that fast, drop me a mail. http://kickme.to/theking

Guest Risen

If it works it will be my GL port of choice... I want my A3D... the stuff is just incredible.

Guest Anonymous User

i found that it didnt work at first. I renamed autoexec.cfg (which legacy uses) and it worked afterwards, so if you try that it may help.

Guest Confusion

Hey, it looks brilliant, but the functionality is not great. And I had to try about eight hundred times to get the damn thing working on my machine...

Guest PerOxyD2S

the best 3d card port i've ever seen... the menus and options are very interesting too. just one thing : imporve the demo playing/recording part ... it stops recording at the end of a level ... so no multilevel runs available...

Guest Caleb

am i the only one that jdoom ran at 1 frame per second here?

Guest AWOL

The absolute best GL port for Doom yet. Love the way it handles the sprites, and the lighting & lense flare FX are incredible. Aside from a few speckles along some edges, I haven't run into a single visual bug. Gameplay is near flawless. And the aural experience with 3-D sound is right up to par with the graphics. Don't know about the rest of you, but I had it up and running from my first try. The only problem is that it locks up my system whenever I try to exit. And yeah, FOV support would rock. It'd also be cool if EAX could be further taken advantage of by having different textures (wood, metal, rock) affect the sounds in different ways.

Guest Cory

Clicked jdoom.bat and I was playing in seconds.... This is what a gl port should look like! I always thought the energy weapons should blind you - I turned the light intensity to maximum, then fired a BFG point blank.. my eyes still hurt (in a good way). I also liked how the invulnerability makes your screen go slowly negative - very nice!

Really good. It has a nice crisp look and better color than the other accelerated ports. It also works perfectly on my system so that makes it better than the rest of them right there :)

Guest Anonymous User

JDoom worked for me on the first try. I didn;t think it would work with my VD3 2000 but it does. No problems here with it. Sgt Crispy

I just noticed something. A little while ago, I tried to run Zdoomgl and it screwed up my folder properties somehow. I couldn't display large icons inside a folder. After running JDoom everything is fixed!!!

Guest Anonymous User

I just installed Direct X 7a...and JDoom stopped working. Now I must hate JDoom. Sorry.