Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

It's Official Now

Guest Confusion

Daggah: your lack of faith is alarming. And if you hate id and their games so much then WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, MAN?

Myk: I agree. DOOM doesn't need a storyline and, as you said, it really would interfere with the gameplay. Remember Tei Tenga, people...have we learnt nothing?

(Oh, and yes, dodgy sci-fi names suck. Star Trek proves this. Down with Star Trek.)

Guest Gimly

... is "We expect to once again dramatically advance first-person gaming both technically and artistically with this title." I can only hope that they really produce Doom 3 and not Quake 4 but we obviously won't know before the first release.

Anyway, the worst thing that could happen is that we are still playing games based on Doom & Doom 2 and just ignore the next release (which hurts, because they would insultingly call it "Doom", too). Makes me thinking about a movie called "Highlander" :-)

Guest Anonymous User

doom had the greatest and most realistic story ever - your stuck in hell, so what do ya do? go to the moon base and use some crap technology to uplink a satalite whilst using stealth to dodge the whords in a realistic crap world? NO! you get a big fucking gun and blow the piss out of everything that moves and when your done on that level you move on! then blow the big wanker spider demon away with a HUGE A$$ gun like you WOULD do. people are crying about story line....dont they see - THIS IS THE STORY!!! and its more....real then anything Half-Life could offer.....if i was freeman - fuck them all, fuck that alien with the long tenticles and fuck that nad sack monster. i would be out of there on the first transport i could get in!!

Guest Confusion

You stupid, stupid idiot.

Guest JackRiley

I tend to fall into the catagory of the optimists in this situation, I think it'll kick ass until I get a copy. I heard great things (lies) about Quake1 before it was released (someone even told me the whole game was raytraced) Then I got a copy. Time will tell.. The only thing that scares me is the editing aspects of the engine. I like linedefs and sidedefs and such. Point and click is nice (i use DCK) but I don't like the way editing has worked in any of the Quake games, perhaps it's that I'm not well enough versed in the little nuances of the engine, but I thought it sucked. I'm just worried that creating with the new engine will be awful. When has anyone heard of people doing something extrordinary with the quake engine, I mean like, 3dbridge, deep water, or room over room. Dunno just rambling...

Guest Anonymous User

I have a lot of faith in the new Doom game, just because QuakeIII Arena is so great!! I think the guys here that say Doom was great but Quake I/II/III sucks weren't there when it (Doom) all happened, and just caught on afterwards. Something like New Wave guys that started listening to new wave when it was allready dead, and are much more narrow minded then new wavers back then .... I (I'm 30) have played everything in the FPS genre, from Wolfenstein up to Q3, and I think some of the old school hardcore Doom guys posting here are a bunch of winers.

Guest Daggah

You need to understand that I don't have any faith in TODAY's id Software...the one that made DOOM kicks ass. That id Software is dead.

And to the anon user who said Quake 3 rules...that one gave me a chuckle. Thanks.

For god sakes, if id will be using a new 3d gaming engine, at leat make it runnable for us oldschool pentium people. Quake sucks because i get suck fuckin lag when playing it, i don't want that to happen with this new doom. And besids, 3D candy eye is such bullshit anyway, just makes up for the utterly boring lvel desighn that has been haunting id's games since quake.

Guest Anonymous User

Shutup Daggah!

Guest Anonymous User

When Doom came out it was state of the art and required state of the art computers. What if id had made DOOM with the likes of ypu in mind? It was over a year after DOOM came out before I was able to to put high detail on and increase the screensize to almost its max. That's the price you pay for ground braking games. I mean, c'mon!

Guest Anonymous User

Great points Myk! - I couldn't have said it better. You should send that over to id, give them a chance to reconsider...

Guest viking

I'm in agreement with SkaDoomer - I run a puny 2d graphics system, I can't even load Quake II or III on the system because I haven't got the 3d graphics AT ALL! But I still can play Doom! So I just hope that DooM 3 won't be written to REQUIRE nVidia or Voodo or something like that...ah well, I'm not sure who I agree with, whether Linguica or the other chap who wrote against the idea. Later...

Guest Confusion

"...a bunch of winers."

Very interesting spelling of the last word there. Hmm.

Guest Karlo

I have been away from the community a while and just checked back. I heard the news for the first time about 3 minutes ago. I´m thrilled but i agree that it will probably not be as great as the original. But it can´t be worse than Q3... :)

Why would id support people with computers which can't even run the Win98 at a decent rate?, they've never been concerned in the past (Doom on a 386 was painfull, quake barely ran on a p133 let alone a 486, and these were entry level at the time). Gl-quake provided a much needed frame-rate and visual boost, it made the game playable without resorting to shite-o-vision. The chances of Doom ]I[ running (>30fps) are nil.