Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

JDoom v0.81

A new version of the OpenGl Win32 source port JDoom has been released, fixing stuff along the way:

• TexTypes.txt (contains textures for Doom and Doom 2)
  • DLaunch support
  • HUD armor icon corresponds player's armor type
  • With Always Run, pressing Speed makes you walk normally
  • Health bonuses emit light

• ccmd doomfont: if the default console font is garbled, use this (a good place would be in autoexec.cfg)
  • When more than one IWAD is detected, none of them is loaded by default
You can find JDoom v0.81 mirrored at our source port section as usual.

If you looking for a fast and comfortable way to play your WADs with this amazing port: I've released a special JDoom Edition of my KING DOOM Frontend. You can find it at http://kickme.to/theking

Guest [DIH]Grunt

hey King get a hosted by Doom world or some thing?? the page and the launchers would be better off there, plus people will find out about it more

Guest Confusion

Just thought I'd point out that most of KING ELVIS's links are screwed - they point to file:///s. To fix, use the JKDF link and change JKDF106.ZIP to whatever you need. Just in case you didn't know that...

Guest Anonymous User

I just wanted to do a short test with JDOOM yesterday as I have done with DoomGL and GLDoom before, but guess what: I was playing JDOOM the whole evening! This is the best Windows port I have seen yet (I'm still using a Diamond Monster II), because it displays the old wads in a truly amazing way. The free mouselook is impressive and without distortions as in DoomGL - you get the impression of the Quake 2 engine, but these are Doom Levels! Now I can play Doom again in 800x600 and enjoy the architecture - its great. Not to forget all those tiny options like free keyboard config and sound and graphics options. During those 6 or 7 hours of play I had only 1 error when the menu text was garbled, but after a restart everything was fine again. Thanks for this port! Ken

Sorry for the screwed links. Was a little bit late last night as I updated the site. Now the problem has been fixed. Thanks for support. If you encouter any problems using my stuff, feel free to mail me. :-)

Guest Daggah

Hold on there Grunt, Doomworld DOES have standards, after all.

Anyone get this working on 3dfx Voodoo2s?

Guest Anonymous User

I couldnt get JDooM working with final doom at all, and it gave me an error that crashed the program with the original DooM when I had it in full screen mode. However, it ran flawlessly in windowed mode and was quite beautiful. There weren't any cracks between poly's like in ZDooMGL and the lens flares were great! Just like JHexen and JHeretic this is an absolutley amazing port that makes playing these games more fun than before. -Evenball[RSG]

Guest Rick Clark

In order to get this to work on 3dfx I had to update my OpenGL drivers. It worked fine after that.

Guest Anonymous User

Yes! JDOOM at last! I can't seem to get enough... It sounds pretty damn good with my sblive using a3d support. If you don't already know, you can get the a3d drivers that support none aureal 3d sound cards(such as the sblive) at: http://www.a3d.com/newaureal/download/drivers.asp Just click on "A2D Drivers" to get them. The only problem I'm having with JDOOM is the included DLaunch support. I get the error: "DLAUNCH.EXE file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6889." This file is on my machine, located in C:WINDOWSSYSTEM. So I don't know whats up. Other than that, this port's the best ever! Well, I've got some more playing to catch up on! Lates =)

Guest Romenhal

I had to hit the back button in my browser to get back to this comment's page when I was writing it and didn't realize that it cleared my password box causing an anonymous post. Romenhal...

Guest Anonymous User

!

Guest Anonymous User

I've been playing JHeretic for some time now, and I knew JDoom would rock. With p233/64M/Voodoo2 it's fast! Only one problem: saving causes the next weapon switch. I didn't find any error in the bindings. Re-binding might correct it, I'll try this evening. MegaMole

Guest Slipgate

JDoom is really fantastic. I've played ZDoomGL and DoomGL a bit and GLDoom before (I'm not much of a fan of Legacy's style so I haven't played Legacy GL) and it was nice but it ended up feeling like such a sameness to the original that I didn't really bother to put the EXE into regular use. (Mind you, I love the originals, I just felt like it needed some more pizzaz to keep me using it). JDoom is absolutely FANTASTIC. :P It really is quite neat to play Doom in JDoom...... it's Doom but it really does look graphically up to par with recent stuff. Way to go.

I'm about to download 0.81..... in 0.80 I noticed only one flaw, that being that in deathmatch mode the arms table still shows up with the frag count superimposed on it (without the word "Frag" present). If there's one flaw I find in the game it's that I feel my Doom marine's face on the status bar is a bit too gammaed, but that's partly my card's own fault.... I love the look of everything else VERY MUCH. I even scoped out some of my own PWADS on it in awe (which, believe me, is amazing enough in regards to MY pwads...).

Slipgate

Guest Anonymous User

i noticed a few guys here asking about fov. well, i searched the cfg a bit and it actually is in already ;) try r_fov from the console