Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Fanaticism

Fanatic's Abode has been updated with another update talking about how Fanatic is just waiting on a stable release of EDGE before releasing the QDOOM public test. He's also posted a cool screenshot showing off 3D floors and translucent water in the EDGE engine, and pimps his musical talents a little bit. (I wonder if in two-odd years someone will make another QDOOM TC using a certain other engine).

Guest Anonymous User

?

Guest Fanatic

EDGE has, and has had, DOS, Win32, Win32 GL, and Linux versions.

Guest Xenocide

Two is an even number.

Guest Confusion

Sorry if I'm missing the point here, but if one wanted to play Quake then wouldn't one play...Quake? Why do we need Quake done DOOM-style? Now I'm not knocking QDOOM here, I'm just asking, what will it do to make it worthwhile when anyone can get a total Quake experience simply by playing Quake?

I expect there is a perfectly good answer to this and I'm just not seeing it. If so, please tell me - I'm starting to get too cynical.

(On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where Team Insanity have gone? I recall seeing the address somewhere but I've forgotten it...)

Guest Qayin

I've asked myself this question before too. I guess the answer would be "more monsters on the screen at once".

Guest Confusion

What a justification.

Guest Fanatic

QDOOM is not Quake in DOOM. If you play QDOOM and then play Quake, they are not the same thing, litterally or in the sense of an experience.

QDOOM is Quake done DOOM style. It's unique, but has the cool stuff that you would find in Quake, like the monsters, weapons, sound, textures, etc.

There are also a lot of elements that are not in Quake, like rain, special scripted events, exploding walls and glass, translucent water and glass, etc.

This is one of those things where seeing is believing. And I've heard your argument dozens of times, "why play QDOOM when I can just play Quake?". It's a respectable question, but you'll have to play QDOOM and judge for yourself.

And that's a respectable answer, no doubt. I'll be sure to download QDoom when it comes out, but I'm not downloading the public beta. It could spoil the excitement, and I don't want that. :-b

Guest Confusion

Thanks for clearing that up.