Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New csDoom

Well, sort of. Version 0.5 of csDoom has been unofficially released, with no homepage update as of yet, and no Linux or FreeBSD versions either. This Win32-only version of the v0.5 binaries features some random tweaks, but more importantly it features a frontend which connects to a master server which will return a list of all csDoom servers currently running, the number of people on them, and your ping to that server. Start setting up those Win32 servers and let's hope the Linux/FreeBSD versions, not to mention the source code, comes along shortly.

I set up a server then tried to connect to it (connect localhost) but it gave me an incompatablility error. It seems they updated the server but not the client....

Guest face.uk

Yep I had the same problem trying out my DoomarenA wad.but I tried the previous version of the server and it worked well once anyway.seems a bit unstable.plus the master server only threw up two servers and one of those was mine.

Guest Anonymous User

CSdoom is so cool. Nothing improves a game of doom like your controlls freazing up while a player on cable kicks your frozen players ass. And what about the randomly flying around the level and when your ping jumps to 8000? That kicks ass.

Guest Anonymous User

CSdoom is so cool. Nothing improves a game of doom like your controlls freazing up while a player on cable kicks your frozen players ass. And what about the randomly flying around the level and when your ping jumps to 8000? That kicks ass.

Guest Anonymous User

Guest Anonymous User

Come on man, what kind of loser ARE you? So CSDooM sometimes freezes up during play coz of bad connection or whatever? So you might get fragged while you're lagged on occassion? So you here and then have to reconnect because you get jittery motion? AND??? Don't forget this is a GAME and you're playing it for FUN! If you're taking it so seriously that you have to flame about it THRICE in a row, something's really screwed up with you. Enjoy csDooM, have FUN, and stop mouring about a lost frag or two coz of your crappy phoneline.

Guest Anonymous User

I dont know why my message was put up 3 times and all im saying is someone needs to fix that shit. And people on cable, if you want to piss someone off CSdoom is a good place to do it. Just kick the shit out of a modem player and brag about it. Because CSdoom was made for that kind of stuff

Guest nintsu

C'mon dude, ALL multiplayer FPSes were made for that.

Guest Anonymous User

Slow ping on CSDooM for modem users? So far I've had 150-300ms on my 33.6k modem, and that's despite I'm connecting across the cluttered transatlantic pipe... The game's been perfectly playable over modem. Hint, hint: Don't run any downloads in the background while you're fraggin', when you're on a modem and need the bandwidth for the game. <g>

Guest Anonymous User

Man, this is such a rip off, new server but old client so we can't connect to .5 servers.

Guest Anonymous User

I just went to the csDoom home page, its now officially released!

Guest Anonymous User

Client source is released, so is .5 client binaries, many .5 servers have been set up, so where the heck is everyone?

Guest face.uk

I can't connect to anything.all I get is server dissconnected version maybe incompatible.Any ideas ??????