Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New csDoom

Version 0.5 of csDoom has been officially released. What's new? Well, mlook has been added back in, but you can't aim your BFG at the ground for cheap kills (that's been disabled to prevent lamity). DMflags have been added to deal with things such as mlook and jumping. Player prediction has been improved. And, most importantly, there is now a launcher which queries a master server to find all the games currently running. Besides the new client and server, the 0.5 client source code has been released as well. It truly is a good day...

Guest Salty

Could someone explain to me the reason why releasing the client source code is so great? It seems like the general aura around a source code is that it'll allow th client to cheat in someway or another. I just need to get his cleared up, thanks!

Guest Anonymous User

So the code can be used for other ports eg SkullTag

the whole big deal about clients being able to cheat was being used by Fly as a reason to not release the source. I have no idea about the details but all the other doom coders I talked to about it claimed that it was ridiculous, and if there was a problem, the fix would be trivial. Of course, I have no opinion because I am retarded (or does that mean i SHOULD have a retarded opinion? hmm. something to think about).

Guest TcT

Hi, so that new servers will grow rapidply and everybody will find them we need big maps for big FFA servers. If have put together a map which combines MAP01, MAP07 and E1M1 in one map so 10+ FFA are not pure click and kill games have a look at it http://tc84.de/csdoom/

Guest Rhoq

Well, let's have it, csdoom. Bravo on the program, it's a great accomplishment. Now please share with us your knowledge so we can use it too :)

Isn't the source released too? "Besides the new client and server, the 0.5 client source code has been released as well."

Good stuff! I like it. The launcher doesn't seem to predict pings very well though. I logged on to one server expecting a ping of 500 and got about 114 instead. I'm not complaining mind you :)

I just started playing yesterday. I love it! <P>I usually run a server, having a cable connection, using darkening e2 dm levels. <P>

Guest Rhoq

I didn't read the whole thing, I guess. I didn't see that it said the source was released along with it. It was late, ok? (I was up late and busy working on SkullTag, and SkullTag rocks! Stay tuned for the beta :)

We've got a high-speed connection through a proxy server, but that doesn't help my ping very much. I connect through a 56k, and get pings of 200-400, which is pretty good. Oh, and I see the Telefragged servers are back up!! csDoom is definitely cooler than Doom 3. ;)

Guest Cyberdud15

Its true! First CSDoom and after Skulltag!! do you think that Csdoom gave Doomserv the fatal punch?

Guest Pikoro

And that is ALL... CSDOOM SHALL NEVER DIES... hehe ;-)

Guest sponge

Heh check this out, after asking Paradox if he was on a csDoom server: ----- Original Message ----- From: Tom Mustaine <mustaine@ritual.com> To: 'sponge' <sponge@3dgfn.com> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 5:23 PM Subject: RE: csDoom | Don't know why I didn't reply to this earlier, but yes, that was me. | | CSdoom kicks ass. |