Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

JDoom Progress

The JDoom site has a small blurp on the immediate plans for this OpenGL Doom port, in addition to the progress report posted yesterday on the JHexen site. It seems the author won't be supporting dehacked patches in their current form. He also gives a tip on how to get rid of a "washed out" sprites display.

Guest scar3crow

I just dled the latest version of JDoom and loaded it up Before it got to the Doom2 splash screen i got a message "Error list exceeds system memory" which naturally of course prevents me from playing. Ive been interested in this since day 1 and now i cant get it work. Help please ? my system is a amd k6-2 333mhz 64 megs of ram with a 16 meg TNT2

Guest Anonymous User

Linguica that BITCH didn't put gem01.zip on that poll..... Biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch -gemini

Guest [DIH]Grunt

hhhmmm... I was on DoomWorld just now and a pop up window came up? wtf? some thing about some chick that has a cartoon online? fom UGO? I don't know well thats all I had to say.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT! A FUCKING POPUP AD WINDOW!

Rest assured that this was certainly not my doing and I am currently complaining my ass off.

Guest Jim Bentler

JDoom (using the Direct3D .dll) started up perfectly the first time and has never crashed, but I have noticed several bugs. The first one is just something he forgot to implement: the weapon sprite is not translucent when you get the partial invisibility sphere. This makes it very difficult to tell when it runs out. All of a sudden you notice that monsters are aiming well at you again. Second, every time you save a game, your weapon is switched (to the next one). This could be due to the default key bindings, but I don't think it should happen even if it is. The third bug was an isolated one. One time after loading a saved game, the health and armor amounts were not shown. The % sign next to them was shown, but not the numbers. Then, when I pressed Esc to look at the menu, I only saw the first letter or so of all the menu items. The fourth might be my imagination, but here it is: it seems that other 3D card-utilizing games like NBA Live 2000 look very washed out, light, faded, you get the idea; ever since I first used JDoom. Fifth, GLQuake became screwed up looking and too slow to be playable after I first started JDoom. (I'm playing through all of Quake for the heck of it, since I noticed it wasn't nearly as ugly when 3D accelerated. I am on the very last level, which makes this quite annoying.)

Guest Confusion

Be thankful that only your other 3D games look faded after JDooming. Everything looks faded for me after I first ran it. It might have been a coincidence, but...