Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Old, Um, Maps Released

Sverre Kvernmo (if you don't know who he is, go away... ok fine, mapper for Eternal Doom, Redneck Rampage, Daikatana, and KISS: Psycho Circus) sent word that BjoernarJohansen, an old friend of his, has released a couple of never-before-seen Doom 2 maps over on his homepage. They... eh, I'll just paste in what Sverre sent me.

We used to collaborate a lot back then and the maps would have been included in the Cabal 32-map set if that project had ever been completed, but that never happened so the guy never released them anywhere! Anyway, if I remember right they're crazy difficult (Malcolm Sailor/Cabal-style) so they should be worth the time of anyone out there still counting their bullets and digging the old-school map-style.

The screenshots don't look half bad either. Check them out.

Guest Anonymous User

These maps are hu-uuge! Really a challenge.

Guest Brut

Hey, I think these must be the best single-player Doom maps in ages! I am still trying to get through the first map.

<font size="5">Louis I want your babies!!!!!111</font>

Guest IcarusWing

These maps suck. They're from 95, and it shows, big time.

Guest Tawney

Uh huh, I'll surely take advice from a guy that gave the Aliens TC a bad rating. BAH!!!

Guest Caleb

could it be that a blood entity and doom entity are mentioned in the same sentence in the same review? oh the humanity! do it again. blood is the shit and so is that guy named Caleb. its just a damn shame that lith didnt stick with the original blood theme. oh the horror, hahahahahahaa Lut say what you will, you never have anything positive to say anyway

Guest Confusion

Louis may have found a mate at last. Damnit, I was hoping he would never breed.

...was very poorly done, with the exception of the new graphics which I thought were good for it's time.

Guest Anonymous User

You really don't appreciate maps for their gameplay do you? I played Atlantis and it was one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. Very well laid out map. You're obviously someone into TC's and fancy scripting stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you don't have to say these maps suck. It's your opinion. But your little "It shows it was made in 95" comment is bullshit. It's like saying "Doom episode 1 looks like it was made in 93, and it shows" Complete bullshit man. And then after all that, you go on your own page in in the middle of a review of Rick Clarks ne deathmatch map, you decide to bring up how much these maps suck. If you don't ant to review something, then don't bring it up. If you don't like maps made in 95, fine, but you have no reason to say they suck because they look like it. Sverre was one of the greatest map-makers back in the day, and I'm sure if he was still into Doom, he's make you feel sorry you ever said those maps sucked;)

Guest Tawney

You really don't appreciate maps for their gameplay do you? I played Atlantis and it was one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. Very well laid out map. You're obviously someone into TC's and fancy scripting stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you don't have to say these maps suck. It's your opinion. But your little "It shows it was made in 95" comment is bullshit. It's like saying "Doom episode 1 looks like it was made in 93, and it shows" Complete bullshit man. And then after all that, you go on your own page in in the middle of a review of Rick Clarks ne deathmatch map, you decide to bring up how much these maps suck. If you don't ant to review something, then don't bring it up. If you don't like maps made in 95, fine, but you have no reason to say they suck because they look like it. Sverre was one of the greatest map-makers back in the day, and I'm sure if he was still into Doom, he's make you feel sorry you ever said those maps sucked;)

I loved bloodflood.wad all those years ago and indeed atlantis is a good map. Unfortunately the other one I played wasnt... that leaves just one left.

Guest Anonymous User

we cud take a few bloodbath's together :)

Guest ricrob

ok, I got uhm....stuck in a room in map 1, so....they pretty much blow massive cookie chunks to me. Enough said...

Guest Brut

Ever heard about secret doors?! There's one In the collumn in the room you got stuck in. I presume it's Hellbolt. Obviously you haven't played enough Doom-maps in your lifetime.

Guest Tawney

Ricrob, out of all the maps you have played in your life, you don't know ho to get out of that room? tsk tsk tsk

Brut- 'Obviously you haven't played enough Doom-maps in your lifetime' to RICROB! LMAOROFL! AHAAHAHH! Damnit I wonder if I'm allowed to quote comment threads or is it against the rules... LOL!

hahahahah ricrob hasnt played enough doom maps in his lifetime hahahahhahahhah

Guest Cranium

Bjoernar's maps scares the shit out of me, and its not because of the lack of texture alignment, but because they have the capacity to jump even a jaded old Doomer. ricrob - make it past that first column in Hellbolt and you're in for some cybernetic paranoia, at least for a few minutes. Anyway people, if you have to be on grid these maps aren't for you, they're the type of maps that have fun with monsters and test your marine skillz. Has all this jumping, mouselooking, and mirrored floors made you complainers LAZY? ;)

I'm stuck further into hellbolt and to be honest I'm still unimpressed.

Guest Tawney

Play atlantis, that was a really fun and challenging wad. I had to put on my b3rs3rk sk1llz after the last two guys, and that was on hurt me plenty! I have yet to try UV >:)

Guest Bjornar

Tawney, I am glad you liked Atlantis :) The maps are old, OK, but I guess they have their charm after all :} What about the other ones?