Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

ZanZan Released!

i really should wait until the page has been updated about this, but I've been waiting for it for too long: the ZanZan TC has been released! What is the ZanZan TC, you ask? It's by Edmundo Bordeu, one of the minds behind the uber-popular Batman Doom. It takes place in an strange and alien world, where you play a ruler who has just been robbed of his immortality by a rebelling subject. It requires ZDoomGL to run, however, so sorry to all of you with puny computers :( Nonetheless, this thing freaking ROCKS! Download it here (3.4 megs) until the homepage has been updated.

Guest Firebrandt

AAAAHHHHH! IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!! <faints>

Guest Anonymous User

The models are cool and all, the intro level is impressive at first... but ZDoomGL is messy, and the intro level is confusing! I don't think I can put up with ZDoomGL's crashing long enough to figure out how to beat the first level. :) You shoulda done it for JDoom, IMO.

Guest Confusion

ZDoomGL is a godawful mess. It rarely runs on my computer, usually giving bizarre and illogical messages such as, "Cannot find data for running data". Honestly, it said that to me once. It's such a fucking shame that this TC which (from what I've actually been able to play of it) is clearly an impressive feat has been ruined by forcing it to run on one of the dodgiest source ports around.

ZanZan for JDoom...wow. Not going to happen, though.

Guest SLAYER

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds really cool. I really like ZdoomGL, but I think Kokak should spend more time fixing the 30 or so bugs that ZdoomGL has. He should also spend time improving the graphics, rather than adding new features.

You people waste a lot of precious energy typing 'GL' in those past few messages.

Guest Confusion

Don't bag ZDoom, Teppic, you cheap, misguided, ignorant, stupid, ugly, ballless fiend. You are scum. I spurn you as I would spurn a rabid dog. Be off with you, you blood-sucking vampiric monarchistic antisocial depraved barbarian.

Fool.

Guest Anonymous User

HOLY SHIT!!! Those were the first words to come out of my mouth when I started ZanZan. This abolutely kills everything I've seen so far in TC man. It just needs to be longer... Sgt Crispy "LONG LIVE ZANZAN!!!"

Guest IcarusWing

Confusion... who the (emit expletive word so this doesn't get deleted by Mordeth) do you think you are? What's up with calling Teppic a "cheap, misguided, ignorant, stupid, ugly, ballless fiend" - he's done more for the community than you have... actually, all you seemed to have done is flame people in comment threads: how useful. We need more people like that in the community(!).

As far as ZanZan goes, I won't be able to play it 'til tommorow evening, but it looks pretty damn cool, and if it is anything as good as Batman Doom, it'll kick ass.

Guest Confusion

Sorry. I did get a little carried away.

Now I don't know, but it did seem a lot like he was knocking ZDoom. Just look at what he said. Think about it. It'll come to you.

And about Teppic having done more for the community than I: well, I'm not going to dispute that. But remember, Teppic is also the one to whom we can contribute the quote "Louis I want your babies!!!!!111". Look at the Bjoernar Johansen maps comments. Huge letters. He's not perfect, you know.

And I do not just flame people, either. I have every intention of contributing something to the community very soon now. You wait, friend.

Teppic, could you tell us this: were you knocking ZDoom in that comment, or not? I need to know this.

Guest Confusion

"Teppic is also the one to whom we can contribute the quote..." should read "Teppic is also the one to whom we can attribute the quote...". My mistake.

Guest IcarusWing

Okay. I'll give you the huge letters thing. By the way, that ZanZan screenshot was taken in 1024*768 pixels, with full 3D effects on... what sort of monster computer does Ling have?

1024x768 with an accelerated card doesn't really require a monster computer. 1024x768 without acceleration would be quite a beast.

Guest Confusion

Perhaps my point is made. Let's forget about this incident, shall we?

Yeah I was knocking Zdoom, so what? Its just opinion. I've got as much right to knock Zdoom as you do legacy so just chill. And louis is the funniest thing ever. Ta ta!

Guest Anonymous User

heh... Anyway, Confusion, Teppic has every right in the world to bash ZDoom all he wants, and you can't stop him by calling him names. The same way everyone of you Randy Heit Butt Kissers can bash Legacy all you want. Let the MEEPY have his say! Please note: By "everyone of you" I don't mean everyone that everyone who posts on doomworld, I was talking to Confusion and his kind... heh...

Guest Tawney

how about you back up your words as to why you don't like ZDoom? The only weakness in ZDoom that other ports have advantage of is the fact that anything less than a p100 ZDoom pukes all over.

ZDoom, Legacy... forget it. MBF will always be the greatest. "A work of art", as Lee Killough once said. Anything else and you're not playing Doom anymore.

If I have to I will do- Firstly I don't like it's 'ethos'- it's like a soup of parts from other ports. It runs dog-slow on my computer which is inexcusable. It's lost the doom 'feel'. The particles are still calculated even if not displayed. If I turn off as many features as possible and play through it like I would normal doom, it feels different. You bounce around more, the rockets move slower, or at least thats the way it feels. And this is all entirely my opinion and you asked- I'm not forcing my views on you, before I get accused of that :)

Guest Tawney

I feel bad for you not having ZDoom work. You're really missing out man. I swear if you turn off mouselook, autorun, take off the aimer, set autoaim all the way, and put the resolution on 320x200, it feels like Doom. But usually if I want to play regular style Doom I just play with MBF or Boom, since it loads so quickly and runs so smoothly, because having that simplistic feeling makes me feel like I'm playing Doom, instead of playing ZDoom except toned down

When I want to play original doom I either use legacy at 400x300, or lxdoom at the same- when I want to play the next thing, I play GLlegacy with GL mouselook and jumping

Guest Psycho

When I want to play doom with the "original" feel, I play doom.exe or doom2.exe. Isn't that SIMPLE?

Guest Anonymous User

Hey morons, what's wrong with you? Bashing Legacy and ZDoom is not the answer. In fact what the heck did ZanZan do to piss everyone off. Just because Legacy dosn't have the features that ZDoom(GL) has or vice-versa dosn't give people the right to start bashing other people or their ports. Besides leave your fighting for #doomroom guys, it's much more amuseing there anyway. Plus alot of you people need to take chill pill and not go ballistic when somebody says something. That's my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Guest Risen

I'll prbably play 1024x768. But then, I have a 450 and a TNT2 Ultra. As far as ports go, I like ZDoom and its spawn (Skull Tag, especially) because it gives me a wider range of development features. If I want to play Doom, I have Doom.exe. If I want to build new worlds, I'm not playing Doom anymore, am I?

Yes its simple but I prefer a higher resolution and a port native to my OS. I can't play original doom in linux, and in windows its DOS emulated.

I say this because it doesn't work. Someone should remind a certain programer to get off their fat aft and fix it so it does work! Ahem... On a side note, I have a Voodoo Banshee, and all I get is a fricken white screen! HELP! Well, that, or fix the damed thing so it works! Now I'm off to go chew on my furniture. 8-) *poofs*