Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Holiday plans

Your plans for this summer?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Your plans for this summer?

• Lie on my back the whole friggin\\\' summer
    • Go visit other countries (please state which country)
    • Work my ass off
    • Party the whole friggin\\\' summer
    • Anything else? (elaborate please)

So, my Summer holiday is drawing closer with every passing day and I suddenly began to wonder: What are my fellow doomers planning to do in their summer holidays (if they have any summer holiday that is)?

So, what are you going to do this summer?

Uh all of the above I guess...although I wish it were just the first and fourth options.

I'm working 40 hours this week. Which wouldn't be so bad if it were a full-time sit-down job, and not a part-time gig at a grocery store.

Oh man, where do i start?
a)Getting to grips with running a happy family (Me, Jay and our 17 month-old daughter Raven).
b)Trying to find a job that pays at least 12k to support the lovely ladies (oh yeah, and myself).
c)Finishing 'Ep I - Hades Curse' and getting stuck into 'Ep II - Hades Legacy' of the Underworld WADs.
d)Writing more fiction to accompany aforementioned WADs.
e)Getting some more artwork finished, scanned and posted on my site (i can't find the time to work on them recently).
f)Helping my 18-y/o brother through his constantly rough patch of girl-troubles.
g)Getting the chance to SIT THE FUCK DOWN for an hour or two and do absolutely NOTHING. (fat chance, eh?)

Spike said:
a)Getting to grips with running a happy family (Me, Jay and our 17 month-old daughter Raven).

Raven? Now that's an interesting name - didn't know that modern Brits could be called Raven.

b)Trying to find a job that pays at least 12k to support the lovely ladies (oh yeah, and myself).

Ugh! What about Jay? Shouldn't she be hunting down jobs too?

f)Helping my 18-y/o brother through his constantly rough patch of girl-troubles.

So, how many girls have been evil on him recently?

g)Getting the chance to SIT THE FUCK DOWN for an hour or two and do absolutely NOTHING. (fat chance, eh?)

Hm, that's something that I'd rather avoid doing - I want to work on my stories, work on my drawings/start new drawings, play some games (FPSs usually), read a good, interesting books (both for sheer entertainment and, in case it's book written in English, for learning some new, cool expressions to use in my stories) or get my ass out jogging or doing other kinds of physical excercises. But I usually wound up either having to do all sorts of other things that are usually boring (current status) or I wound up not feeling like doing any of the above, resulting in me lying on my back, staring into the ceiling, and neither of these two things are anything I'd want to do in my spare time.

"Raven" rocks. Great name. I'd like to call my daughter like that (if I ever get one of course), but I don't think it's a valid name down here. But I don't think I'll be living here anyways...

Girl named Raven

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well shit. I just typed about 13 different responses to that and wound up erasing each one. They all pretty much covered anime, goths, underage gang rape, 'leeum', and foreigners. I hope you can figure out what I think of that name from that because I sure as fuck don't have any clue myself.

Well it's certainly interesting I can give it that. And it totally beats out those stupid made-up 16 syllable names fat black ladies give their fat black daughters like 'lashandralanaqueena' and 'danaquanescolanta'.

Suggest a name? If I had a daughter I'd probably name her 'Girl'. I wouldn't call a son 'Boy' though, it just doesn't seem to work that way.

My plan for this summer was to stay at home and do DOOM mapping 23/7 until school starts again. But the parents decided that it's better to be away all the time, so...

Zaldron said:

"Raven" rocks. Great name. I'd like to call my daughter like that (if I ever get one of course), but I don't think it's a valid name down here.

Agreed, I'm only worried about how other kids react to such a name (kids find the weirdest excuses to bully other kids) - I hope they too think that the name is cool.

Heh, Raven. Sounds cool to me.
What if you have a son? Will you name him Crow? :)
Just kidding.

Uhhhh shit I'd just name my kids normal stuff like Mark and Alyssa...

If she doesn't like her name, we're perfectly happy for her to go by her middle name of Sophia.
If we have a son, we're calling him Bryan (after my brother, also my mother's maiden name). If we have another girl, she'll be called Kathy :)

Shit, it's party time! Warm weather, tons of stuff goin down, some tight ass beaches.... need I say more!
:)

Archvile64 said:

Uhhhh shit I'd just name my kids normal stuff like Mark and Alyssa...

Thats because you suck. If I have a daughter, I'm going to name her persephone, no questions asked. If I have a son, I'm going to name him Trent. No wussy biblical names for my kids.

Excellent names! The bride of Hades and the frontman of NiN - very good taste :)

I had hoped to travel a bit with my girl but we are strapped for cash.

I am going to get a job, hopefully as a Mountain Bike mechanic in a leading store. I will also laze out and have her down to stay with me and I will watch the world cup.

Depending on how much I earn I will buy either a new car or system. Both desperately need replacing :(

Heh I had a huge page-long list of names I'm gonna change kids' names to when I adopt them.

I lost it, but I remember a few like Bghrs, Dercnetirf, Fotshiperas, Bfummeisa, Rnnertr, Plrytf, Urgfenef, Septsljj, Unurgfen ... all weird-but-pronouncable stuff =)

Lüt said:

Heh I had a huge page-long list of names I'm gonna change kids' names to when I adopt them.

I lost it, but I remember a few like Bghrs, Dercnetirf, Fotshiperas, Bfummeisa, Rnnertr, Plrytf, Urgfenef, Septsljj, Unurgfen ... all weird-but-pronouncable stuff =)

You're a sadistic creature!
I can't even BEGIN to imagine how other kids would begin to make fun of any of those names and generally make life Hell for the unfortunate kid with the odd name.

Little Faith said:

*Heh* Sølvguitar *heh*

Damn, i'm grateful that I wasn't child in the seventies.

I was never really interested in the seventies, so I don't know what was so bad about being a child in the seventies - please enlighten me.

Being a kid in the eighties was bad enough. The only decent things we had were Transformers, He-Man and Zoids.

Spike said:

Being a kid in the eighties was bad enough. The only decent things we had were Transformers, He-Man and Zoids.

You lucky basrads! I didn't even have any of this stuff back then because we didn't have the right TV channels - at least not until very late in the eighties.
I only got to see *one* Transformers episode (the first one), when I visited a friend who happened to have that episode on video. The autobots seemed pretty pathetic in my eyes as they all seemed to get their butts kicked in that episode, that is until the ending of it.

Heh, the movie was the best. Prime dies, Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime, and Megatron becomes Galvatron and kills StarScream.

*cries himself to sleep amid a wave of nostalgia*

Spike said:

Heh, the movie was the best. Prime dies, Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime, and Megatron becomes Galvatron and kills StarScream.

*cries himself to sleep amid a wave of nostalgia*

Movie?
Optimus Prime DIES!???
Hey, how DARE they kill my fav Transformer!