Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

IcarusWeb Issue 5

Issue 5 of the weekly Doom magazine-thingie IcarusWeb has been released. This week's offering is pretty light, with a new editorial and pic of the week, as well as reviews of Rick Clark's Ichiban and the first Icarusweb submitted wad, House DAR. Icarus Wing also is looking for some new writers to help out writing anything Doomy.

Guest Confusion

Pretty light, yeah...I can see why he need more writers.

Guest Mattrim.

...IcarusWeb is a wonderful source for DOOM-related information. It is not necessarily writers he needs, but rather, Oli needs something to write about.

Guest Confusion

I wasn't knocking IcarusWeb, I just commented that ideas seem to have run short at the moment.

Guest Mattrim.

My comment was intended more for the community at large than for you, Confusion, as a thinly veiled stab at the community's lack of production of late, as well as to defend the 'sparse' recent issue of IcarusWeb. However, with the recent release of ZanZan, Last Day on Earth Episode 1, Bjoernar Johansen's Sverre-endorsed trilogy, the stellar NoRest3, and the 'Around the Table With DOOM3' article, Oli will have plenty of material for the next installment of IcarusWeb. Hopefully, Oli will find the time and assistance necessary to create a fantastic issue.

You downloaded norest3 from /newstuff as well? I just played it like two hours ago. It is absolutely stunning, especially the textures. Some of the best use of standard Doom 2 texturing I have ever seen.

I just downloaded Norest3 but I have yet to try it out. I was really impressed with Norest2 though. The textures were used very well to create a convincing urban area. The gameplay was difficult but a nice challenge.

Guest IcarusWing

Thanks for the support... it's nice to know someone loves me (sniff).

Guest IcarusWing

Mattrim. Not. Matrimm. Icarus Wing must learn to spell. Damn.

Woah, nice new design! I hated the last one but the current one is much more visually pleasing and planned out well.

I'd guess this isn't exactly the right place to advertise my writing, but I would like to help with the next icarusweb. One demonstration: ever play csDoom? Read the readme? I wrote it. bloodshedder@hotmail.com

Yeah it's new since I last saw it. Before it had a streched image of the mancubus on the left side and the frames cut up the page horribly at 800x600. It was barely functional IMO but the new one features the two images of the Quake 3 DOOM marine and lacks all the nasty frames of the previous one.

Guest IcarusWing

Thanks for the comments on the design. The last one was pretty bad - that's what I get for desiging on a 1024*768 computer.

Guest Psycho

IcarusWing, it seems Fraggle is still in the community. He has posted on this thread, just to let you know.

Fraggle I thought you left Doom! You're not allowed to read DW anymore! :P

I still have to deal with 640x480. I don't think there's many people who use anything higher than 1024x768 for Windows stuff.

no, i have left... doomworld didnt bother to mention it when i emailed them though so most people dont know.