Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Today Is The Last Day

Pretty basic webpage update, but the Last Day on Earth homepage has been updated with the download link to the just-released Last Day on Earth, episode 1. I'm pretty sure it's for ZDoom, although the homepage doesn't really clarify that point.

Guest Confusion

It runs with any source port actu'ly.

This megawad is for vanilla doom- it runs on any port as Confusion has said. I like this project because the team members are an example to us all- Lau and his crew have made this purely for fun. They may not be as detailed as Gothicdm for example but they are just pure fun. Some guys sat down and decided they wanted to make a megawad, like so many people do- and they went ahead and did it.

Guest Confusion

I have to say that I'm less than happy with LDOE1. It just seems to be a bit...flat. A little too ordinary. I'm sure some people liked it, but I found it, not bad so much, but disappointing. And after all that hype, too...never mind.

Hype? We're all new to the community. I didn't think we made everyone's expectations so high.

Oh well. I hope some of you enjoy it.

Some of the levels are very poor (particularly map10), some are great. I especially like the shotgun factory, the jail and the military station levels.

Guest [Mantra]

Thanks, I put lotsa work into shotgun factory. Nice to know someones else played it through and enjoyed it. :) -mantra

I still remember the time Lau stumbled into the #doomroom and asked if someone would playtest his wad... its strange, this is nothing new, many people do it but Lau did it right. He's now as regular as anyone else and pretty popular too. These levels provide an old-school challenge and are good fun to play.

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah I remember that too. I played the level and enjoyed it. I decided in a few days to ask to help him out with it. After that more people joined and it was a very relaxed and open project. The basic premise was to do your best and put some effort into it. I know that some levels can get irratating or you may have been a bit dissapointed, but I can definately say that Ive gotten noticeably better at creating these levels. I believe the same is true for the rest of the group. Because of this I believe that though the next episode may take longer, it will be better. Well have to see. -mantra

Guest Pikoro

Is a excelent work... and the difficulty is normal... Someone was playing the Hell reveleaded 2?... THIS MAPS ARE IMPOSSIBLES!!! Good Job (Sorry for the bad english)

Just finished playing through all but the last few levels. Most of it is good. Really good in fact. I really like big levels so my favorites so far are map04 and map06(I think). Map08 is smaller but it looks really good. What I really like about this project is, it actually got DONE. It didn't take forever either. Add to that, it's more fun to actually play than some projects done by some of the more *ahem* famous members of the community (I will name no names). You can color me quite impressed :)

Guest [Mantra]

someone else who likes my map (4). Spankage.