Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

EDGE v1.24 Released

There has been a new release of the Doom source port EDGE tonight, bringing it up to version 1.24. According to the email we got "the two most important changes are support in Linux using the SDL as well as basic X plus libGGI, with the new demo pages", as well as fixing several bugs. The DOS and Windows binaries as well as the Linux source have been mirrored at our source port section as usual.

I am assuming this means the iminent release of the QDOOM demo ;)

Guest ORKFACE

Me and some of my buddy's were talking about it and it realy is kinda stoopid of people (legacy players and zdoomers and the others) to go around saying that certain ports suck I mean so mabey you had a bad experiance with zdoom or legacy that doesn't mean that the port is shit just that it's developing. I once played an extermly early version of legacy (I got it off a pcgamer cd) it crashed all the time but I like it so I still play legacy, I've had zdoom crash on me all the time but I don't mind. Csdoom has promted people to get the other ports to hurry up with the net code but csdoom is still faster so for online games I'll use that for deathmatch but for bot's and single player I'll use legacy because of it's graphics this doesn't mean I'm unfaithful just realistic. If you want good graphics play legacy, net speed csdoom and some new maps use zdoom, it all depends on your prefrences, hell use 'em all and get a complet experiance thats what I do I still favor legacy but I dont think it's a reason to argue over I mean hell we all play doom still you'd think that would be enough to help us get along orkface on his peace maker mission

Guest Anonymous User

...for what platform? DJGPP uses RHIDE V1.4, Linux has a MAKEFILE and Win32 has a BCC Makefile

Isn't there then supposed to be a .gpr files for RHIDE? I've not used RHIDE for some time...

Guest Cory

Ever hear of Winzip?? : )

Guest Confusion

That's an awful lot of lines in just a few sentences there, Orky.

Guest ORKFACE

BAH! who need's full stop all they are is breathing breaks and who need's to breath! =P

Guest Gorc

Orkface says truth. Legacy has Direct 3D support, blood marks and bullets holes on walls and floors and other cool stuff. Zdoom has got full support for bots and the latest version (currently beta 7) has Heretic and Hexen support too. Edge has a whole heap of cool stuff, most of which is in QDOOM. All are different, all are worth playing.