Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

The Doom Chainsaw Revealed

Not much news today, but this is pretty cool. mewse somehow learned that the chainsaw from Doom was not drawn from scratch as I had always assumed, but instead was based on a real chainsaw owned by one Tom Hall, who helped design Doom, and is now working on Anachronox. Lucas Davis of ION Storm was kind enough to send along two pictures of the model for one of the most famous melee weapons ever. You can click the images to see a larger version.

(img)(img)The Doomguy is in strange new territoryLook familiar?

Guest lau

Anyway we all have this chainsaw ;)

Guest Ron Jomero

OR ELSE, BITCHES!

Guest Rez

Because everyone knows REAL chainsaw users only buy McCullough chainsaws. <g>

Guest Stormfox

the chainsaw, in my oppinion is the best deathmatch weapon ever... any thing less(or more) is uncivilized

Guest Anonymous User

Hehehe, I always wondered what those breeds were for :) Hm, what an ominous chainsaw, that.

Guest Anonymous User

These pics will probably be more popular than anything Tom Hall/Ion Storm will release for the next 5 years. Nice PR move.

Guest Anonymous User

Does anyone know exactly what that "B" like symbol on the chainsaw represents?

They are 4 little pictures showing how to safely use the chainsaw. Nothing particularly mystical.

anonymous luser: this wasnt a pr move.. i asked them for some pictures, and they were kind enough to get them to me. you don't need pr as a reason to be nice to people.

Guest Anonymous User

The only reason Looking Glass got canned and Eidos talking about selling, is because Daikatana is one of the crappiest FPS to ever be developed.

Guest Anonymous User

Is the sound also from this piece

Guest Ron Jomero

My precious Daikatana did not cause Looking Glass to be shut down!!! Do not blame The Jomero, I did nothing wrong!

Guest Anonymous User

This is deffinitely cool. Show me a man who isn't a sad Doom fan and I'll show you a man who'll go to his grave that little bit poorer. :)

Guest Toxic Fluff

DK really sucks Jomero, and it took 4 years or whatever to come out, now please take your pimpage of the awful game away from doom forums.

Guest Anonymous User

Cut the dog. CUT THE DOG!!!!!!!

Guest Confusion

There's something about canned grapefruit that really appeals to me. Not that I have ever encountered much canned grapefruit before, as grapefruit is not a paticularly canable food, being the wrong shape largely. No offence intended towards can designers, of course. I mean, it isn't there fault that the grapefruit appeared in a strange and unprecedented way. Although it wasn't really that unprecedented, as already by that point many other fruits has evolved into various similar forms, but still, as far as food to put in cans goes, those can designers really do quite a good job. It can't be that easy to devise a device which can hold all manner of things from beans to caffein in such a sophisticated, all-use, practical, ergonomic way. I mean, really, the can must be one of the all-time greatest inventions of the human race, being truly of classic design. Let's have three cheers for the metal manufacturers who made such a object possible!

Oh, and the pictures are nice.

Guest Anonymous User

as from what i've seen you appear to be one

Guest Confusion

Mr Thursday Jun 22 09:11:02 2000, a little warning. When Confusion is angered, he gets very, very...angry. Perhaps you need seventeen point six kilos of canned tomato shoved down your throat to prove how un-fruitful Confusion really is. Perhaps you need to be taught via full bodily submersion in dragonfly fecal matter what disgust really means. Perhaps we should get back on topic for this news post and can this fruitful discussion until another, later date.