Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Yoghurt Bails

This was kind of an abrupt way to leave, but Yoghurt sent me an email saying that he's quit the Cajun Bot and Doom Wars projects. He also appears to have deleted everything related to them, as his homepage is completely gone. Sucks that he decided to leave, and it sucks more that he took down everything he had, but I am sure he had a good reason (at least, I hope).

Guest ORKFACE

He just decided to start a new version of cajun and now he kill's is fuck it I've been waiting since the last legacy realese of cajun for an update and now this well thats just dandy!. Back to doombot then >=I

Guest Felix

Does anyone have the most recent release of Doomwars and Cajun? I put it off for too damn long!!! ICQ# 46114129

Guest Confusion

Sheisse.

Felix,

You can still find the latest Cajunbot / DWar binaries at our source port section (see 'bot & mods').

Guest Anonymous User

i was looking through the doomworld hosted sites and noticed that some of them haven't been updated for a while (like 2 years) and came up with the idea that if someone starts work on a project and couldn't bother finishing it then they could donate the bits to some sort of "virtual charity shop" perhaps somone else could finish it or use parts of it to finish their own project. I'm sure there's abunch of half done tc's that have a real gem of an idea (or at least some great graphics) that could be put to use somewhere rather than fading away in a "last updated 4/5/97" style site

Guest Anonymous User

yeah, does remind me of Lee Killough............. there go TWO great minds in the doom community. maby he'll come back?

Guest sponge

OK, I may not know what I'm ranting about, but here goes. Are these people who leave without a trace trying to be dramatic? If so, theyre not. They are being idiots. Is it such a big deal to leave your page up at least? We don't even want it updated, we just want to be able to visit it. Same with Lee, I don't understand why he took down his page. It was still very current - he just updated it before he took it down! Maybe the Doom community is just selfish. I liked both people's sites BTW.

Guest Anonymous User

Did Yoghurt make Legacy?For some reason the Legacy page won't open and I can't check to see who made it because the thing that comes up isn't coming up with the thing about where the site is,who made it....etc...

Guest Anonymous User

If its just my pc,could someone e-mail me the new versions?Or links to sites that have skins? nlh@attcanada.net

Guest Anonymous User

That is a great pity. Cajun/ZCajun is one the Doom tweaks I use with real regularity. From my standpoint, the project had just gotten to the point where it was usable and enjoyable. [Legacy] Cajun doesn't crash, but on my K6-III/400, it crawls with more than 6+ bots. ZCajun flies with all 16 bots active in four different teams, but it is one crash-happy mother (the previous version crashed any time I took damage, the newer one only crashes consistently at the when I press the exit. It is especially too bad that he took down the web page, has anyone contacted Eminem154829 (whatever his name is) about this? And did Yoghurt ever post the source anywhere?

Guest Anonymous User

Man why do people do this kinda stunt? To me this type of behavior is annoying as a MF! I agree with the other people and really wish if you're going to leave the community at least have the curtisy to update the site one more and leave it up so we can see that you have gone. And maybe even give a reason, and not "Doom sucks! Quake 3 Rules!!" crap like that. And now to the real reason I've posted this message, did Yoghurt release the source of DoomWars? If he did, is it mirrored some where? I have some plans for it if I can get it...

For all you guys worried about not having the Cajun source/the Cajun's not being worked on anymore, don't worry. ST's bots are based off the Cajuns, and the source has significantly, *significantly* cleaned up.

Guest Felix

Legacy is down because the main page was on frag.coms server which is currnetly down, the sourceforge.net backup page has now become thier main page, you can find it here http://doomlegacy.sourceforge.net/

Hey, anon, it's in the ports section of DW, as Mordeth already said. Go get it.

Guest Confusion

We appear to be dropping like flies.

Guest Anonymous User

THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!Damn,I sound like a gay....

Guest Confusion

Actually I've never heard a homosexual say THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU! without leaving spaces between words.