Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom 3 Article

Webvoid has scooped everyone and has posted an exclusive look at Doom 3! No, I'm not kidding! They have screenshots and everything! They even interview id Software employees about it! I swear, it's legit! No wait, it's a joke. Sorry, I forgot for a minute.

Guest Confusion

Actually had me excited there for a brief moment there, Linguica. Damn I'm gullible.

Guest Anonymous User

This woulda been good on April Fools Day....It's great to see the moderators of Doomworld have a sense of humour :)

Guest mystican

nice redesign of the newstuff listing there, ling

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah, Commander Keen: Arena Rocks

Guest Anonymous User

id Software no longer has The Jomero on his side, so there is no way Doom3 will be good!

Guest Anonymous User

damn that thing was funny

Guest ZombiZ

Oh, damn, that was cruel.

Guest Tawney

Not really. I laughed about the windows screen saver a bit, but everything in that article ere jokes my ancestors made a long time ago.

Guest Anonymous User

Bah, not funny at all... made me giggle at the beginning, but then it just became pathetic.. especially the "Employee X" thing - WE GOT THE IDEA ITS CARMACK, no need to repeat it 10,000 times..

Guest Gorc

Why cant they make another Keen game? Just think.. it could be sorta like Mario 64. One of these "next generation" platformers. Commander Keen Arena=good idea.

Guest scar3crow

seems like the guy mainly focused on promoting his stupidity/republican favoritism and trashing ANYTHING that wasnt id like Daikatana or UT...it was kinda funny at parts...

Guest Anonymous User

hey. i don't quite understand this. is he making fun of DOOM? and id? what's with the 'employee x' thing? how did this article slip through the cracks? how did this get on doomworld (an awesome site that i have a great deal of respect for)? and, 'grrr...' man, i gotta go frag some lpb's now just to get over this article. ...long live the dopefish!

I read all five pages! It was five pages, right? Yeah, well, it was good for quite a few chuckles, and nothing to complain about. How can you go thinking this guy has something against DOOM? I found it quite amusing. This was just a comical article, okay? Just for fun! It's just like the kinds of things we used to see on Doom, Darnit! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

John carmack says in doom3, they are going back to sprites (yes, thats right, no more models and polygons (like quake1,2,3) SPRITES!). Doom3 is going to be a lot like doom and doom2, including: players move at the same speed as doom, the ability to look up and down has been eliminated, forget about all the unique player models to choose from like in quake3, because in DOOM 3 there's only one model: the DOOM guy (he's being pulled straight out of doom (the sprite form) to save on modeling costs). Falling from high places wont hurt you any more (like doom), the BFG will definitely be making a comeback, all orignial mosters and sprites from doom1,2 will be making a come back in doom3 along with a ton more new sprites. Level design will be very similar to doom1 and 2.

Guest Caleb

so i guess we all wasted thousands of bucks on new computers to be taken back to pixels and sprites eh? what a fucking waste! i love doomgl, all those that dont like it, go fuck yourself. idiouts

Guest Kokistos

Anonymous, Caleb... that article... it was a joke... if you didn't figure that out... I don't know how you've managed to survive long enough to post here.

Guest Anonymous User

R u braindead caleb? it was a joke, i was rolling.

Guest Anonymous User

I knew it was totally fake, going in, but when I saw the courtyard full of demons, cacos, and PEs...<P> I actually wanted to play that game. I may need to seek professional help.<P> But not until Godless 4 is done. :)

Guest balanco

Strangely, some of the screenshots did look very interesting, and made the "game" very appealing.

Guest Anonymous User

I don't care if it was fake... That was a very well written article

Guest Jim Bentler

I thought the article was pretty funny, especially the second page where he was watching the maze screensaver and he thought it was a Doom 3 demo.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this. I thought it was hilarious. <P>“The BFG was originally conceived to allow small children and people with mental disabilities to score a few frags. We added it to conform to an non-discrimination law. I’d say its been fairly effective, because the players with no real skills can just pick up the BFG and fool themselves into thinking they’re good at the game. Obviously we want to keep these mentally-challenged players happy, so the BFG will definitely be making a comeback… although in DOOM 3 it’ll be a lot more powerful. We’re equipping it with auto-homing, rapid-fire, instant-hit, devastatingly powerful blasts of fusing plasma that can incinerate an entire map with just one shot. Oh yeah, and some people have complained that the BFG is too hard to get on some maps, so we’re currently planning on just having the player spawn with it already equipped.”

Guest Anonymous User

det er fed!!