Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

IcarusWeb

Please welcome our latest addition to Doomworld: IcarusWeb. Issue 6 of this Doom paper has been posted, featuring editorials, readers' letters, a article on deathmatching plus reviews of the ZanZan TC, the SkullTag beta and the QDoom public test. Whoop!

Guest IcarusWing

If you have any views you want to get off your chest like Shaun did this issue, send them to me at olj@brighton.ac.uk. Get up on your soapbox!

Guest Confusion

Thanks for finally changing your infoline, Ic. That red stood out a tad too much.

Guest Confusion

Ic! I called him Ic! Heh.

Wow, ST got a great review. Thanks Icarus! :) Man, I feel great knowing that everyone loves this so much.

Guest Fanatic

Ouch. Thank you may I have another? :

Guest Revenant44

I'm going to have to agree with the SkullTag review.................5 STAR!!!

Guest IcarusWing

Sorry, Marc. I said good things too... it was just those death-knight sprites. I've said worse things about other levels. Still, if anyone else wants to write me a review (around 300-500 words) of QDooM that disagrees with me, I'll be quite happy to post it.

Guest Fanatic

I dunno, I just don't think the sprites look that bad, and actually don't think they look bad at all.

If you compare them directly with Quake's models, sure they don't look as good. Can't rightly compare 2D and 3D. But I didn't whip out the sprites with no thought into them, they look as good as I could get them.

I guess the three stars to me appear to be mostly because you wanted me to do something completely original like ZanZan, versus looking at just the content and what I did make.

No big deal tho. At least you are honest about it, and not spiteful.