Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Doomsday Is Here

Jaakko Keränen starts his military service today so won't be able to work on his Win32 OpenGL port series for Doom, Heretic and Hexen for the remainder of this year. As promised he has finished what he could and uploaded binaries and of course the source of their common engine to his sites. All goodies mentioned below have been mirrored at our source port section as usual.

There are no new JDoom, JHeretic or JHexen versions to feast your eyes upon but the source of the Doomsday engine v0.99.6 that powers it all is up for grabs. There's also a v1.0pre source, several utilities and a second DTest... which is the client/server beta for JDoom and JHeretic. This new test features "a number of bugfixes for the previous JHeretic DLL. Also included is a sample model definition file to show how you can replace the sprites with MD2 models". You'll need the v1.0pre tools if you have 'MFC42.DLL'-related problems or in case you want to run a master server.

This is not the end of the J port series though... Jaakko will be back after completing his service!

Heya Everybody ! Has someone already a server up ? Write down your experiences :-)

Guest Confusion

When does he return? Anyone know?

I'm glad he's released the sources, open source is the future after all.

Well if there's anything like the army in sweden he should be back in 7.5 - 10 months. But that's sweden of course.

Guest Anonymous User

Heh, I can just imagine him trying to march in line but can't help himself from strafe running off. Too much Doom.

Guest Mutlee

That was me below. wrong password.

Guest ORKFACE

Don't get shot

Guest Anonymous User

Jaakko's army life ends in about 6 months. Says he will be back working on the 'J' projects in Janurary 01

Guest Anonymous User

Imagine this, Jaakko is in military, and fooling around with guns, guns and some more guns. If he'd decide to make a TC with realistic weapons, he'll have much experience in weaponry in January 2001, when he's kicked out. I think it's a GOOD idea: ALL members of DoomWorld should get to military asap.! I will.