Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Kill Released

A demo of the Ultimate Doom project Kill has been released, replacing the first episode. The full game plans to change all the episodes. You'll also find some goodies such as Kill MIDIs at the site. Go grab!

Guest Gorc

Looks good. Kinda like the ideals about making levels on the page too. Makes a hell of a lot of sense. Bit odd seeing a addon that doesn't use a port, but heck: they don't have too if their well designed.

Guest bigmike57

It was good, I was dissapointed in the ending though

Guest Alvo

Alright, I like the new pistol sound, but the firing sound for the shotgun sounds about as powerful as a pea-shooter!

Guest Anonymous User

Man, is this old school or what? Misaligned textures, displaced flats, clashing textures, repeating switches, and a general lack of detail... But the gameplay is what matters, and these levels are strangely addictive :) E1M7 does look pretty good though. The music choice is rather umm... well, lets just say that Barbie Girl wouldn't be my first choice for suitable Doom music. And why is E1M8 easier than even E1M2?

Guest Anonymous User

I'd like to say thanks to the good comments on Kill. I'll try to keep the good ideas going as Kill progresses to it's finish. As for the ending, it's something I whipped up at the last minute. After all, the story isn't totaly finalized. It'll get better. I promise. The whole thing is about as deep as a bottomless pit. Lots of tie-ins with other things I've done/am doing. As for the shotgun sound, it's one I found on AOL's filesearch archives. I liked it, and thought it was cool (I don't like Doom's shotgun sound very much). As for not using a source port, that's because of two reasons: 1. My old computer doesn't run most of them Just Legacy and Boom. 2. Don't know much about editing them. 3. They wouldn't add that much to Kill. Ike654@aol.com

Guest Anonymous User

When's the entire thing is done, I'll be satisfied 5 times over!

Guest MTM

The previous post was by me, MTM. An Anonymous user? who'd think.....

Guest Anonymous User

I don't like say bad things about wads but i think it's sometimes necessary. I agree with nightmare that it has a big lack of details and visual "attractiveness" :). IMO gameplay is not the only thing. Anyway the wad has some potential.

Guest Anonymous User

I agree with NiGHTMARE too. Old school was exactly what I was thinking as I played through KILL. I hadn't seen that many mis-aligned textures and other simple problems for some time (although I could dig out some of my old levels and find plenty). There was also a number of times where I just got stuck in places where I am pretty damn sure you are not supposed to (doors that shut & wouldn't open or pits to fall into with no way out and no way to die). These areas are sometimes hard to find in your own levels as you know the correct way to complete them, and consequently don't fall into the unintentional trap. The modified EXE was not particularly to my taste either (especially the rocket launcher). For those that havn't spotted it, it is actually just a DEHACKED modified ultimate doom v1.9 EXE (which distributing is illegal or immoral if I remember). I decopmpiled it because I hate getting stuck somewhere because of bad level design and not knowing the clipping cheat. Once I did this, it ran fine under boom and zdoom. The music, well lets just say it wouldn't be my choice either. When I saw the exited way the music was referred to on the web page I was looking forward to hearing something really cool. IMHO that just didn't happen. I realise this has been fairly negative, I don't want to be as I can see there is definately something in these levels. I played them right through and what's more, I wanted to. I guess the bottom line is what they are missing at the moment is polish (that is the stuff you put on things to make them shine as opposed to the language of Poland). Perhaps one day I will set up an account.

Guest Anonymous User

I purposly put places that you would get stuck in. This is to teach people to save their games.

People, don't make your pages on geoshitties or angel-liar, I can't enter such shites 95% of the time. I wanted to check out Kill but I can't now. I hope, dude, that you post your stuff elsewhere, at least. In cdrom.com, for example. Now, what's that about fall-into traps teaching us to save games. Why whould a decent DOOM player save unless he had to stop playing momentarily (that is, NOT in case his marine dies)? Also, I guess next time you'll release the dehacked stuff as a DEH file, not an EXE.

Guest Anonymous User

Gameplay IS everything. If people want decent graphics and special FX, then go play half-life or something. These levels ooze playabiltiy, and some of you guys should stop bitching and take note. Well done Ike

Guest Anonymous User

I know the sprite is maculine looking right now, but that'll change soon. I didn't replace that GFX yet. Oh, and the DEH file is available now.

I'm not going to gripe about some of the things that others have on this thread. I really don't care a whole lot about the misaligned textures, clashing themes, music etc. Normally if I don't like something for one reason or another I usually just keep it to myself. The potential for this project is the reason I will speak up this time however. I do notice some very well designed elements in this wad. The general layout is very good, sometimes quite original, occasionally brilliant. Item and monster placement is about as good as I have seen as well. BUT (ya knew this was comming didn't you) I very much disagree with certain design philosophies of the author. Namely dead end traps. I hate this more than any other thing in a level. There are those that believe a single mis-aligned texture ruins a level. I'm not THAT fussy. I believe a single dead end, no way out trap ruins a level though. The second level of this wad blew it for me. I go through a teleporter into a maze with imps and a wandering Cyberdemon. It was thrilling, it was fun. My nerves were on edge the whole time. I was thinking, man this is really cool. Then I realized I couldn't get out because I didn't have the yellow key. I didn't have the yellow key simply because of luck.... I went through the wrong teleporter. Grrrr. I don't want to have to save my game every five seconds for fear of a dead end. What if I happen to be IN a dead end and save my game not realizing that? What if I have progressed through several levels when that happens? I want to get through a level by using my wits and skill, not by luck or savegame file management.

Guest Killer Ike

Never thought someone would say part of the design in Kill is "brilliant"! Especially not for the first peoject I've ever done. P.S., I'm looking for someone to help me code a new engine using the Doom source for Kill. Not too many modifications. Just some simple stuff.

Guest Killer Ike

Oh wow! My actuall name works now! Cool! Most of the Anonymous User comments that sounded like they were the project leader were all me.