Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da_Esco²

Doomers who like da original Transformers: peep dis.....

All Doomers who is fans of the original Transformers read dis.....

http://www.transformers.com/pl/subbrandid.62/dn/browse_products.cfm

In japan, takara has been rereleasin TONS of da G1 transformers... bad mofuckas like Megatron, Starscream, Jazz, Optimus Prime, etc. It seems like so far da US is plannin on rereleasin these 3, and if they sell good.... doin a lot more out here. So go buy these mothafuckas in July when they come out at Toys R' Us!!!

Also, if any of ya'll haven't heard, in japan da PVC figures of different famous transformers are also VERY popular.... in da US they are comin out with da same thing called "Heroes Of cybertron." But, they will be easier to find, and you will be able to know which figure is in each package (instead of gettin a closed box with a randompic, it's a regular package). These figures do NOT transform, but are VERY detailed, and look almost exactly like they did in da mofuckin cartoons!

Here's a link to da japanese ones.... you might be able to find an auction for da american ones on ebay..

http://www.16bit.com/tfpvc.asp

Enjoy, hope ya'll like Transformers!! Maybe someone should make a mofuckin Transformers mod for doom!
:)

P.S. I'm leavin work, I'll holler at ya'll peeps mañana!

Heh, I used to think Transformers were badass when I was growing up...

darknation said:

I've got the movie on VHS downstairs... I'd watch it, but my parents would begin to wonder...

Fuck that, send it to me, I'd watch it if I was married! Transformers fucking rule!

If you like the movie, get the remastered DVD of it. Watching it beside the orginal VHS is like color and black and white. Really unbelievable. Heck, the first season remastered on DVD just came out too. Think I'll watch that tonite...

I might buy the reissues. Too much money though. I already have to start saving for Transformers Armada...

elbryan42 said:

If you like the movie, get the remastered DVD of it

Where can I buy this DVD?

You can get the DVD at just about any electronics store that has DVDs. It's pretty common. NOTE: The US version is remastered. If you live in Canada and get the DVD it's the original version, not remastered. You may have to order online if you're in Canada.

I have both the DVD and the DVD rip. The rip is a perfect.

You have to admire the genius of the whole thing... make a cartoon with the sole intent of selling toys. I went from He-man to Thundercats, thru Ghostbusters into Transformers and finally Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. My parents must of been going mental.

Lego was the all-time greatest though. I played with that shit until I was about 15, building bigger and more stupid things as time went on. I once built a giant skyscraper about 5ft high and suicided legomen off the top of it.

I was in many ways a strange child.

Hey, making Lego men commit suicide isn't as fun as making something out of Construx, crushing it, and watching parts fly across the room. Ah... where'd all of the cool toys go? Now there's Transformers, and uh, Transformers.

The only Lego that's around now are the gay small sets. Gimme a large lego mat and a bucket of the good old Lego.

Remember Legions of Power? Building blocks meets action figures. Very cool.

I heard awhile ago about the reissues of the classics line. you could get all of them imported except megatron. megatron being an almpst perfect replica of a walther p-38 handgun should have the tip of its barrel painted a bright color (like day-glo orange) to conform to american toy gun regulations. takara felt that the figure should not be altered because they wanted to keep the original spirit of the toy. so hence megatron became illegal to import. some people went to japan, purchased it, transformed it, placed it back in the box and got them thru customs that way. I've seen them at a japanese toy store here in nyc. they went for about $100 when they first came out. now I've seen them for as much as $175, about as much as the 1st issue would cost on the collectors market.

darknation said:

I was in many ways a strange child

In many ways you are still strange... :P

and finally Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

That's right, the Brit gov't has a problem with the whole "ninja" concept. I'd forgotten about that...

This whole resurgence of old cartoons is beyond me. I liked them ten years ago, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna like 'em now.

Yeah, I forgot the american's called them Ninja Turtles. Our goverment is fucked up...

Heh, i bought the Count Duckula DVD a few months back. Watching all the stuff that I used to enjoy as a kid beings back cool memories. You also notice a lot of stuff that you would never of got as a kid... there were a few fairly adult jokes in there and a really cool homage to Nosferatu with Duckula's shadow on the stairs... quality stuff.

Unlike other toons from the 80s (Thundercats, Voltron, etc), Transformers seems to be one of the only ones that seem as awesome now as it was back then.

The new toys and the rereleases are out in less than a month. I can't wait. I just might pick up the original Optimus Prime and the Armada Optimus Prime on the same day. :P

elbryan42 said:

Unlike other toons from the 80s (Thundercats, Voltron, etc), Transformers seems to be one of the only ones that seem as awesome now as it was back then.

LIES!!! Krang is your lord and master! Krang rules!

TMNT is early 90s so there. :P And another favorite. Once I upgrade I have to go garage sale shopping for a Beta machine to convert all of my TMNT eps. About 30-40 4 hour tapes worth of TMNT. /me drools.

IMO, its quite sad how a lot of 17-2x year olds still like these cartoons. I mean, take my brother for example. He's 18, and works at a bank. He spends a lot of his earnings on anime videos, giant robot toys etc etc. He's obsessed with Gundam Wing or whatever, it's really sad. I mean, it's for kids, not adults like him. The acting is awful, the storylines dire, and the animation average. Just like a lot of other cartoons.

I don't watch anything modern (well, maybe the powerpuff girls... but thats all!), but maybe once a month i like to kick back and relive my wasted childhood.

Ha! I love cartoons, always will. I'm a cartoonist!

I still think transformers are pretty lame though. Japan sucks at cartoons, ESPECIALLY when they're trying to be remotely serious. I mean, you have an art style as undeniably BEAUTIFUL as Manga/Anime and look what they do with it. Shit like Cowboy Bebop. It's like Half-Life, a great atmosphere ruined by unoriginality and repetetiveness.

/end two cents

I love it! Anybody here who looks Mangas and Animes like Neon Genesis Evangelion???

dudes you're forgetting something MAJOR....

S A B E R R I D E R

it got broadcast here ( germany ) regularly about 10 years ago....japanese anime with some vehicles turning into battle suits...
heck, that was a great time...

darknation said:

Lego was the all-time greatest though. I played with that shit until I was about 15, building bigger and more stupid things as time went on. I once built a giant skyscraper about 5ft high and suicided legomen off the top of it.
I was in many ways a strange child.

Long ago, every three months or so (more exactly, right after finishing cleaning up my room with my brother), we used to build this giant Lego column, I'm guessing 1.8 meters, only to dance/chant around it until it went down by itself. Supposedly, it was some kind of ritual to forbid my room of messing up.

I still believe my room used to get all messy and dirty by itself, when I was sleeping.

I wish I'd watched transformers when I was younger. My next door neighbour once gave me a load of transformers toys and I thought they were cool and wished I'd watched it from the beginning, plus a couple of my friends used to love Transformers, but I left it too late to start watching, or so I thought - most of you are probably older than me (I'm 16 by the way). Do you suggest I find info on it on the www cos I'd like to know the story? Then again, I'm still trying to catch up on all the years of Doom I missed (I had both Doom and Doom 2 not long after Doom 2 came out, but I didn't know it was still developing on the internet until about a year ago).

If you peeps want to check out some more transformers stuff, peep these sites:

unicron.com

This site literally has gots pics of every known US released transformer in existance, includin variations and recolors. It has some nice stuff done by other userz too like computer comics, and altered toys. It also gives da individual characters profiles from the tech spec, AND INFO on their personalities from the show. This site has also got lots of info on the different cartoon episodes, and pics of the comic book covers.

http://www.tfarchive.com/

This site has some TIGHT-ASS desktop wallpapers, a transformers faq for ALL known transformers released in da US japan, etc. And best of all, it gots scans of the ACTUAL comic books themselves, so ya'll can actually read them online. It also has episode guides, and several video clips.

http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/tf/Transformers.shtml

An informative sites, with some ill info, and a bunch of transformers lists and info. Dis site is definately worth a look, as it has a ton of info on da available figures.

... and for those of ya'll who say dat transformers are lame, and da cartoon sucks, think of dis..... an Optimus Prime MIB sells for Over $300..... a Reflector sells for around $200, and a Fortress Maximus MIB sells for $700! I sold a Fortress Maximus wit NO PIECES, that was in about C-7 condition for over $200, and have transformers dat range from $1 all da way up to several hundred!!! As for the movie and the episodes... they are VERY high in demand and can sell for a good price too.

IMHO.... I don't see how anyone can call somethin dat coo, AND valuable lame. Ah well... different peeps like different things!

I built a lego tower right up to the ceiling once. I used every different coloured block I had and needed five of those green base plate thingies to give it the structual integrity needed.

Just a couple of months ago I repeated the feat using duplo, which is much easier, with the help of the kids my mum looks after.

oh yeah and zarcy when will you realise it's not sad to play with this stuff, we are MEN! :P