Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

DoomGL Blurp

There's a small update at the DoomGL site. There's a new lights.ini file up for grabs and the known bug list has been updated. Work on a ZDoomGL FAQ will also be started soon.

Guest Norse Ghost

ZDoomGL has been pretty much surpassed by JDoom and whoever else with OpenGL lately. Nothing is going to happen with ZDoomGL until ZDoom 1.23 comes out. ZDoomGL is a cool OpenGL port, but it has a few things that need cleaning up. It would be cool to see someone give csDoom the OpenGL treatment!

I would disagree. ZDoomGL has DEH support and can run BOOM/ZDoom specific levels unlike JDoom. That's reason enough to use ZDoomGL but JDoom will not even run on my system! Others have experienced this problem so it's not just a random error. OpenGL Legacy is all right but I've never liked the way DOOM felt through the Legacy source port.

Guest Norse Ghost

I have no reason not to disagree with DemilinX. However, the stability of the various Doom ports depend on who you talk to. JDoom runs fine on my Win98 system. ZDoomGL runs fine for me, too. Yet I cannot get that new EDGE port or Doom3D 1.14 to even start the first level. Go figure. I imagine newer versions of these ports will work better. Oh well...

Guest Sparky

Just taking another oportunity to voice my displeasure about JDoom... I've got the same problem, I can run ALL the OpenGL ports on my Win95/Voodoo2 system EXCEPT JDoom. I wish people would stop saying how great it looks, I'm jealous!

Guest Caleb

hi guys, ive missed ya. lemme tell ya, moving BLOWS! ya gotta wait and wait and wait for the damned phone company to actually get off their asses and come out to connect a phone, and they are always a few days or weeks in my case, late in doing so. anyway, do any one of you have a voodoo 3 3000 AGP card with win98 that can run jdoom without any frames-per-second problems? if so, please email me telling me how this can be done. thanks guys:-)