Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Recidivus

Enjoyable Irony

Guest Recidivus

Prower, the man who has waged more anti-deathmatch level rants than I care to count, has released a deathmatch level of his very own. The level is called Into The Void, and it is indeed quite enjoyable (though it has nothing to do with the Doom 64 level of the same name). He also clears up some controversy regarding the millennium. What? There's a millennium coming? Why am I always the last person to find these things out, damnit?

Guest Anonymous User

Into the void was a kickass level for DooM 64...............

eh, i just got the title from the NiN song on The Fragile. didn't know about a doom64 level.

Recidivus, do you actually know what a "m********" is? I don't mind people celebrating the new m******** a year early, but people who don't know the actual definition of a m******** really send me flying out of the deep end. Really, anyone who doesn't know that a m******** is a period of a thousand years, just like a decade is ten years, or a minute is 60 seconds, shouldn't be allowed to mention the word in public. Don;t you get it?? We are NOT celebrating the m********!! We are celebrating the >>NEW<< m********!! (And technically a year early, mind you).. Oh by the way, you have one to many N's in the word "m********" which you uttered twice... Have a happy new year!! :-b

Recidivus, do you actually know what a "m********" is? I don't mind people celebrating the new m******** a year early, but people who don't know the actual definition of a m******** really send me flying out of the deep end. Really, anyone who doesn't know that a m******** is a period of a thousand years, just like a decade is ten years, or a minute is 60 seconds, shouldn't be allowed to mention the word in public. Don;t you get it?? We are NOT celebrating the m********!! We are celebrating the >>NEW<< m********!! (And technically a year early, mind you).. Oh by the way, you have one to many N's in the word "m********" which you uttered twice... Have a happy new year!! :-b

Guest HavoC

If you need another engine to avoid visplane overflow, you made too much. Level looks to play nicely, only comment is that the BFG is a little bit too accessible and would crush poor "runnin into the wall" newbies.

actually, when i was playtesting, the BFG was one of the lesser used weapons. the BFG is easy to dodge simply by running in the opposite area of wherever you are. the plasma/rocket launcher/SSG are much more effective on this map.

Guest balanco

I'm glad other people are finaly censoring that awful awful word M*******! This should be regard the first badword that was never ever intended to even mean anything band. Anyway, have a happy new year and a good M******!! :)

Guest balanco

Damn that was alot of spelling/grammar mistakes <:}. Remember people, don't post while you have 200 other things on your mind.

Guest Anonymous User

try to save myself but myself keeps slipping away.... talking to myself all the way to the station pictures in my head of the final destination all lined up all the ones that arent allowed to stay! tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away tried to save a place from the cuts and the scratches tried to overcome the complications and the catches nothing ever grows and the sun doesnt shine all day tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away

Hey Rec, try and keep personal vendettas from your updates, otherwise, a nice, professional job.

My mistake. I had thought "m********" had just one N. Oh and sorry for the double-posting. It was quite accidental. :-b

Guest FyrestormX

exactly what the subject says bro. Oh yeah, hows your bitch?

Guest Recidivus

Teppic... personal vendettas? I said that the level was quite enjoyable. If this offended you in any way, I apologize.

Guest Anonymous User

Methinks that prower should learn how to make deathmatch levels himself before ranting about other people's deathmatch levels...this level sucked shit.

Guest Anonymous User

This community has turned into a bunch of whinging fucken lamers. I went into #Doomroom and there was some chick in there and the first thing the fuck sticks in there did was ask her he r Bra Size, If anyone posts a comment bout grammer ill give em a boot to da head, as if anyone gives a shit when the neander on a cruddly message board. You're a bunch of female deprived lamers that are obsessed with in fighting and dragging other Doomers down. Get over yourselves, you all suck equally, nothing more need be said.

To the first one: be more specific. Where did it suck shit? I can't improve my work if I just get "it sucks" instead of "it sucks because of the blah blah blah". To the second one: it was actually the girl herself who started the conversation. She said something about getting breast implants, so Afterglow asked her bra size. It's not like we were hitting on her. You lamer.

With the exception of all the bad words and stuff mentioned by the previous Anonymous User, I'd have to agree. While some of the DOOM related sites are somewhat clean of such perversion, you should know that #doomroom is a pig's sty, but what else would you expect from an IRC chatroom?.. That thing you said about the DOOM community being female deprived and obsessed with fighting each other and putting each other down. Yep, that's pretty much the way it is around here. One irrational insult after another with no real ground of justification. I don't know why it is that way. It just is. No, I don't really like it either. You just have to learn to put up with it all. Happy Dooming!! :-b

female deprived? i don't think there's one person in #doomroom who hasn't had at least one girlfriend in their lifetime. as for it being a pig sty: you try putting 10 typical white american males in the same room and try to get a different result. :P

Guest Recidivus

It's nice to see that our comment boards have brought the Doom community even closer together. Maybe we should hold a DoomCon in a military firearms depot.

Dammit your all generalizing over the #doomroom. Yes, at times, it can become 'pervy', but in the morning for Europe, there is usually some sane, rational conversation, so please dont generalize, and besides, like your FORCED to go there. And AndrewB as I remember you got banned...

Guest Daggah

It would not surprise me if you were banned...you're just whining because no one likes you. Puh-lease...

Oh yeah, learn some more about IRC...for one, it's a chat CHANNEL, not a chat room. It's not like some AOLamer chat room.

To all the people that generalize (and the one anonymous user who apparently came to #doomroom ONCE): the environment of a chat CHANNEL varies depends on the people in there at that time, which obviously changes, so obviously the chat CHANNEL is different at different times. I've had plenty of peaceful, non-perverted discussions in there...just avoid endura and you'll be fine. :) Seriously, you can't judge a book by the first page, and judging a chat CHANNEL based on one experience is doing just that.

Okay.. Now where do I start here... Oh yeah. Maybe female deprived wasn't quite what I meant to imply. Yeah, I didn't say it first, it was that Anonymous User guy. Just forget that female deprived thing. That was dumb. Also, I apologize for generalizing about #doomroom. I recognize that sometimes it can carry some legitimate conversation. My judgements were certainally not based on one experience. For the most part however, I have seen that it is mainly perverted talk and other things somewhat inappropriate. You can see it however you wish, that was just my experience. But as you can plainly see by looking at the follow-ups to my previous message, there are a lot of people around here who get a kick out of putting other people down for no good reason. I haven't been in #doomroom in weeks, or even on IRC for that matter, so it doesn't make any difference whether I was banned or not. Anyway, I haven't done a thing to anyone, so any insult directed toward me is offically dismissed. Oh yeah, there are only a handful of people around here who don't like me, and all such rivalries are due to extreme impulsive prejudice. All the other people don't seem to care one way or another, and that's fine. You can blah blah blah yakkity yak all you want about how much of a loser or a lamer I am, but I for one will ignore it. Now let's clear some other things up. Dagger, Daggah, whatever you call yourself is, don't go trying to tell me how nobody likes me. You don't seem to be too popular yourself. And please direct your comments away from me. I'm not interested in what to have to say about me anymore. I apologize for the lengthy post. It is something I feel needed to be said, and hopefully I won't have to say it over and over again. On a slightly more relevant note, I find deathmatch boring and I don't think I'll download that level. Thanks for your time!! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

I like Dagger

Let's say we killed the cyberdemon. Let's say we'll celebrate each time a whole year passes since we blew its ass off. From the moment we killed the rocker up to the 1st celebration we have a year. We'll be living year 1 (from instant 0 to instant 1). We can say we're living instant 0.2 or 0.74, but we are stll within the time that comprises year 1. Year 2000 corresponds to the instants 1999.01 to 2000. This means that the instant 2000.01 belongs to the year 2001 (the 1st of the second millennium). It also means that a millennium is 1000 years and 0s exist. So says the atheist I am. Enjoy your DooM!

Well, actually there was kind of a year 0. It was the year 1 B.C. What I think is, why don't we just say that that was the beginning of the first m********* . After all, a m********* is a m*********, just like an hour is an hour. The hour doesn't necessarily have to begin at 3:00, and we don't necessarily have to count the year 1 as the beginning of the first m*********. After all, on a certain TV station, Jay Leno comes on at 11:05 PM, but it's still considered an hour. If you don't know what I'm talking about, never mind.. :-b