DOOM

You can't kill DOOM
DOOM will live on

Duke Nukem tried to kill DOOM
But he failed, as he was smite to the ground
Quake tried to kill DOOM
But it failed, as is was stricken down to the ground
Half-Life to kill DOOM.. Hahahahahaha..
It failed, as it was thrown to the ground!

No-one can destroy DOOM
DOOM will strike you down with a vicious blow
We are the vanquished foes of DOOM
We tried to win, for why we do not know

Goldeneye tried to destroy DOOM, but DOOM had it's way
Halo then tried to dethrone DOOM, but DOOM was in the way
Battlefield tried to destroy DOOM, but DOOM was much too strong
Call of Duty tried to defile DOOM, but Call of Duty was proven wrong!

DOOM...

It comes from hell!

If FPS games were the Mafia then Half Life, Call of Duty and Halo would have to kiss the hand of old Don Doom.

Goldeneye is a distant cousin but has done well for himself while Quake is Doom's closest Nephew. Duke Nukem is the popular one of the family however his charisma has long faded. Battlefield is sick and tired of playing by the Don's rules and does its own business on the side.

Blood... well this brother is still in the insane Asylum and is a black sheep to the Don. Yet... Blood is totally fine with its place and no one wants to mess with him.

Marnetmar said:

This place is becoming way too fucking much like Deviantart.

Thank you for your positive contribution :)

Chezza said:

If FPS games were the Mafia then Half Life, Call of Duty and Halo would have to kiss the hand of old Don Doom.

Where do Chex Quest and Descent fit into all this?

Jaxxoon R said:

Where do Chex Quest and Descent fit into all this?

Chex Quest is the fat nephew from the Dons second cousin or something like that. Not apart of any business, just there for the family gatherings eating his way through the night.

Descent is the Limo driver and often ignored by the FPS Mafia, but when his name is mentioned a neutral respect is given all around.

Chezza's responses were top-tier.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is simply swapped lyrics of "The Metal" by Tenacious D. I feel the same sentiments apply very well to DOOM!

Doomkid said:

Chezza's responses were top-tier.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is simply swapped lyrics of "The Metal" by Tenacious D. I feel the same sentiments apply very well to DOOM!

"God gave rock and roll to you"; wasn't that Gene Simmons from KISS? Yes, it gets kind of a "Don't tread on me" feel to it. I always feel American and patriotic when I hear that Metallica line. "Don't tread on me". Look at an Adam Sandler song:

Love to eat Turkey
Love to eat Tu ur key

Something is lost in the translation, a break down in communication. It must look amazing from afar, like "There is just some dude who's lost in his note.". Rock on, some guy! Like, that whole part about how DOOM would be reminds me of "the guitar man" from that AC DC song.

We're talking about people who might not watch zombie movies, like "Night of the living dead" wasn't the pinnacle moment when you realized that these were zombie movies!